Aon Hewitt

www.aonhewitt.com
  www.aonhewitt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Aon Hewitt

Very Structured and procedure driven company. Employee friendly

Current Employee - Developer in Delhi (India)
Current Employee - Developer in Delhi (India)

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at Hewitt as part of their Business Intelligence team. It was a great learning experience. The work was very structured and the company was very well organized. Overtime and working on weekends was frowned upon. If someone was caught working on weekends, then an explanation was sought and it was generally seen as a sign of inefficiency

Cons

Highly insulated layers of structure. This in turn inhibited learning from other teams.
Barring this one con, I can't think of any other.

1254 Other Employee Reviews for Aon Hewitt (View Most Recent)

Work worthy company for beginners

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A Colleague friendly company with full employee friendly and a better matrix one. Its good to work here for atleast 3 years

Cons

Little bit back on increments. Managment not employee friendly and less than 8 hrs of work during cool off period in the company

Work on it to make your collegues happy

Quit out of the job application, wash your face, and brush your teeth. Never mention this place's name again! Run!

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job that pays bills and keeps your livelihood going. That's about it....

Cons

I can't even begin to tell you what it's like working here. The Lincolnshire campus is like a frat house and you need to get ready to be hazed. The people you work with: usually don't have degrees and made me wonder how they've kept the job. They have had their roles for at least 5 years and are still where they started! My mentors were in graduated roles and were so lazy! 1:1's are scheduled months late and excuses are made all the time. Most of all, my progress and growth was hindered so badly! If you want to be successful, this is not the place. Like I said, it just pays the bills. When you leave here, you will realize how much time went by and how little you are leaving with. Another big dis about this place is that the technology is from the Jurassic period! How can I do my job when my cheap as* DELL crashes every other day and I have to be on the phone for a half hour with a shy and quiet computer tech IN ANOTHER COUNTRY? Talk about a counter productive environment...Last but not least if you are cursed with being a call center employee here, I have heard horror stories! You are chained to your desk, watched like a hawk watches its food before it eats it, and your job security is the worst. I feel for CSA's.

I recently found out that about the HUNDREDS of lawsuits alleged against this company, before and after the merger fyi. Pathetic. Priding yourself on customer service when people are dragging you and the clients you represent down for...owed pensions and even discrimination in employment. What a shame...

There are newer employer reviews for Aon Hewitt