Aon Hewitt

There are newer employer reviews for Aon Hewitt

Aon Hewitt High School

Current Employee - Benefits Operations Administrator in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Benefits Operations Administrator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aon Hewitt as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

It's a job.

You don't need to know ANYTHING in order to make mistakes dealing with other people's health insurance coverage. But it was only for 6 months so, who cares about all the mistakes I make, when someone else who is a permanent employee can fix them when I'm long gone?! That's actually not my type of thinking...but it was the type of thinking of the "classroom" full of people I was trained alongside of.

Cons

I really felt like I was in high school again. Cliques formed quickly and gossip was non-stop using the company chat program called Sametime.

1288 Other Employee Reviews for Aon Hewitt (View Most Recent)

If you find a job you can stand, it's a win.

Current Employee - Client Financial Analyst in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Client Financial Analyst in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits are great - a full month of time off within one year, affordable health insurance, 401k match. Work/life balance, in most cases you can work some days from home and hours can be flexible too depending on what dept you're in.

Cons

Management is aware that there are major flaws within systems but little progress has been made to stabilize systems that would make everyone's lives easier. Different management have different visions for the company and often times there seems to be conflict as people step on each other's toes to get things done.

Bring jobs onshore as there has been a lot of issues since many teams were outsourced over seas.

Good Expirence.. Terrible Advancement

Current Employee - Benefits Operation Administrator in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Benefits Operation Administrator in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good starting expirence for someone out of college. You really work hard and it is a good introduction to the corporate life style.

Cons

Terrible management and very bad career growth. Lots of employees are 'stuck' and not looking for growth. Also lots out outsourcing. Be prepared to work with lots of indians with a significant work/communication barrier.

Reconize and promote those that are hungry. There are plenty who have no desire to advance.

There are newer employer reviews for Aon Hewitt