There are newer employer reviews for Aon Hewitt

System Configuration Specialist

Former Employee - Systems Configuration Analysis in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Systems Configuration Analysis in Orlando, FL

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Since the company best known as consultant client on health, pension and 401k for clients all over the US; therefore the health care benefit that company provides for employees very affordable.

Cons

The management team choosing employees to specialize on one area of their proprietary system therefore they don't have a change to get promotion because they know only specific area. When the economy good a lot of staffs are quitting because they are over work, under paid and no appreciation.

reviews filtered by

Not what it used to be

Current Employee - Senior Technical Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work from home/flexible work schedule

Cons

No well defined career path - you tend to get siloed into one area
    Constant reorganization
    Training for technology related roles is severely lacking

Understand what your folks do on a day to day basis, not just look at them as a number that can be moved from this bucket to that bucket. Act like you know what's going on. Communicate to your employees. When we were Hewitt Associates, we were much more informed about what was going on in the company and where we are headed as a company. It would be nice to re-inject some of the old Hewitt culture back into the organization.

Aon Hewitt High School

Current Contractor - Benefits Operations Administrator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Benefits Operations Administrator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aon Hewitt as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

It's a job.

You don't need to know ANYTHING in order to make mistakes dealing with other people's health insurance coverage. But it was only for 6 months so, who cares about all the mistakes I make, when someone else who is a permanent employee can fix them when I'm long gone?! That's actually not my type of thinking...but it was the type of thinking of the "classroom" full of people I was trained alongside of.

Cons

I really felt like I was in high school again. Cliques formed quickly and gossip was non-stop using the company chat program called Sametime.

There are newer employer reviews for Aon Hewitt