Aon Hewitt

www.aonhewitt.com

Professional company with a global presence

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros-Strong global brand, and very well respected in the various industries it is involved in.

-Work/Life balance is outstanding. Most employees have the option of working from home. If you're ambitious/aggressive, you can quickly move up the ranks and take on more responsibility. If you refer to coast by, that's also possible (as long as you're getting your work done). In other words, you have a lot of control over your career progression.

-Compensation is competitive. Great benefits (unsurprising, considering this is an HR firm!).

-Very professional atmosphere. Colleagues are friendly and easy to work with. HR is taken very seriously here.

-Executive and senior management have strong credentials, and actually know how to manage (from what I've seen).

-The IT infrastructure is pretty solid, which makes it very convenient for consultants to work while mobile.

Cons-If you're coming from a smaller, leaner company, getting used the bureaucracy and red tape can be frustrating.

-As with many larger companies, Aon Hewitt tends to deal with the market in a reactive rather than proactive manner. Company growth is more dependent on acquisitions, rather than dramatic increases in performance.

-Although other offices may be different, the Chicago offices aren't high energy workplaces (at the time of this writing). Things are changing though; recruiting has been stepped up, and new waves of employees are being hired.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on succession planning and recruiting. This has become a very old company, and we need new blood!

Great Learning Opportunities Provided.

Talent and Rewards Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time for more than a year

Pros: In Talent and Rewards, they certainly understand your need for career growth and try to… Cons: In Recruitment Processing Outsourcing (RPO) they are not interested in helping your career grow but would like you to stay where you are doing great… Advice to Senior Management: So far I am satisfied and don't have any advice… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Technology Services Intern

Technology Services Intern (Former Employee) Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Aon Hewitt as an intern for less than a year

Pros: The people that are in this department are extremely nice and willing to help you learn. The work changes… Cons: The office is a bit bleak. Some of the other employees can be difficult… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Aon Hewitt.

Worked for Aon Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!