Aon Hewitt

www.aonhewitt.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Aon Hewitt

You have to die to collect the only increased benefit.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is better than unemployment.

Cons

Every benefit (Health, Vacation Time, 401k, etc) got worse for Hewitt employees when AON acquired Hewitt. The only thing that increased is that we could elect more Supplemental Life Insurance.

Cut down on the management layers. Stop treating your lower level employees like they are dumb by "spinning" bad news. Don't pee on them and tell them it's raining.

1381 Other Employee Reviews for Aon Hewitt (View Most Recent)

Nice people and atmosphere.

Current Employee - CRS in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - CRS in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Helpful to newcomers. Good hrs., nice people.

Cons

Hire temps at a low wage, and don't give us any time length for permanent employment.

Your temps are doing the same job as your perm. employees, with alot less training. We should have some sort of time frame for being hired perm, not a 3-11 month window. Some of us actually want to do a good job, but want to know if we are wasting our time or stick it out.

Professional company with a global presence

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Strong global brand, and very well respected in the various industries it is involved in.

-Work/Life balance is outstanding. Most employees have the option of working from home. If you're ambitious/aggressive, you can quickly move up the ranks and take on more responsibility. If you refer to coast by, that's also possible (as long as you're getting your work done). In other words, you have a lot of control over your career progression.

-Compensation is competitive. Great benefits (unsurprising, considering this is an HR firm!).

-Very professional atmosphere. Colleagues are friendly and easy to work with. HR is taken very seriously here.

-Executive and senior management have strong credentials, and actually know how to manage (from what I've seen).

-The IT infrastructure is pretty solid, which makes it very convenient for consultants to work while mobile.

Cons

-If you're coming from a smaller, leaner company, getting used the bureaucracy and red tape can be frustrating.

-As with many larger companies, Aon Hewitt tends to deal with the market in a reactive rather than proactive manner. Company growth is more dependent on acquisitions, rather than dramatic increases in performance.

-Although other offices may be different, the Chicago offices aren't high energy workplaces (at the time of this writing). Things are changing though; recruiting has been stepped up, and new waves of employees are being hired.

Focus on succession planning and recruiting. This has become a very old company, and we need new blood!

There are newer employer reviews for Aon Hewitt