Aon Hewitt

aon - asa

Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in South San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aon Hewitt

Pros

great place to develop your career. wonderful mangagement team. wish i was still there but i had to relocate to india to keep my job.

Cons

long hours and very minimal exam support. extra hours were in excess of 60 per week during 4 month busy season

continue to offer assistance to actuarial students in the form of raises and bonuses this was the single best thing about aon

1295 Other Employee Reviews for Aon Hewitt (View Most Recent)

It's OK

Current Employee - Managing Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Nice salaries within my department.

Cons

Our department was not great with poor management, poor communication, etc. This is not a reflection on Aon in general - I can't speak for other areas. Generally I found internal company processes to be disorganized or complicated (with bureaucracy).

Communicate with your employees!

Great company marred by bureaucracy

Current Employee - Associate in Rutherford, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate in Rutherford, NJ

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Aon Consulting is a great asset to a young or mid-career resume. It is also a great place to get top-notch training in any field relating to insurance, risk management, benefits, and human capital consulting. There is great potential in the positions that they offer but you must be willing to put in the time to do so. Aon Consulting offers generous time off benefits and is quite flexible in that respect. The company has no walls when it comes to doing client work, which is a great way to learn and collaborate with colleagues who are literally all across the world.

Cons

There is a very bureaucratic process involved in every decision and business undertaking. This sometimes hampers the innovation that they seek from their employees. There is often too much emphasis placed on credentials associated with employees who have no depth nor ability to lead and sell. Many of the upper-management come from outside of the company and are learning along with the rest of the company. At many times it seems as though the blind are leading the blind. The company seems to be in constant flux lately; though honestly that flux will stabilize in the future, it is sometimes uncomfortable in the meantime.

You get what you pay for. If you want the best employees you can not count on your name alone to bring them through the door and retain them year over year.

There are newer employer reviews for Aon Hewitt