Aon Hewitt

There are newer employer reviews for Aon Hewitt

US Associates Beware

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Lincolnshire, IL
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Before the company went public it was a great place to work. The few people left onshore in the US on the benefit operations teams really try hard with the little help they are provided.
-Best technology in the market

Cons

All of the operations work is being sent off shore to India. They keep a couple people around for talking with the client, but most of the operations work has been sent to India. They transitioned work to India where they receive very little training and have less accountability. I have been told by upper management that they can have 4-5 people in India for every 1 US employee so they don't care about the quality of work being produced because it is so cheap.

When mentioning quality issues with management, I would get responses like "They are not use to US Benefits" and "There is a language barrier". Those aren't excuses for telling an employee of one of our clients that they are not aloud to cover their new born child.

-No Job security, even after a decade!
- Long Hours. Did not believe in work-life balance
-Low/Little raises- Received "Meeting Expectations" every year. When I asked what I had to do to get "Exceeding Expectations", I was told that I was, but it was not possible to get it on paper.
-Poor engagement- I would hear that "Hewitt's Engagement Score" was at 50%. But when you looked at the numbers closer, it was India's engagement at 70%, and US at 30%.

You preach quality on paper, but don't really care about it. Clients are leaving all over the place because of the quality issues. It's time to step back and see if it is really worth moving all the work off shore at the expense of quality. I heard how we were winning so many new client all the time. They didn't mention how we were loosing our bigger clients just as fast! Focus on quality

1254 Other Employee Reviews for Aon Hewitt (View Most Recent)

horrible

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

the people in your training class

Cons

you are not prepared to take the test, they do not teach you anything for licenses you are expected to do self study

get a better training program

Management practices unethical workplace standards

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Britain, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Britain, CT

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working with the client for their employees. My work schedule was appropriate in order to balance work/ home. I loved working and interacting with my Team.

Cons

Many Managers hinders the employees from working better together and blatantly show favoritism.
    Most of the Managers are not qualified for the position they hold and don't understand Corporate work ethics and the meaning of teamwork.

Upper Management you need to pay attention to the constant turnover in your departments. You are constantly promoting and selling high levels of HR policies and procedures; and this is not being practiced within your own organization. You continue to

There are newer employer reviews for Aon Hewitt