There are newer employer reviews for Aon Hewitt

New to Aon Hewitt-Orlando!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pleasant work environment with lots of natural beauty on the property, good and detailed training, full and excellent benefits, very secure building, and friendly and helpful co-workers : )

Cons

Be prepared to learn a lot everyday. If the computer system ever goes down (you're SOL until it comes back up) and you must keep up with somewhat high expectations and criteria to get bonus and/or promotions.

Advice to Management

Overall, I really like this company and think everything is run really well. I guess the only thing I would say is that the attendance policy (timing adherence) can be pretty tough and there is a possibility that you will be moved around from your original department, which would stink if you really enjoyed it in that department.

Other Employee Reviews for Aon Hewitt

1. Humiliating

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Attempting to do the right thing in the area of diversity.

Cons

Failing miserably. Extremely guilty of reverse discrimination against Caucasians especially men. Oh, most of top leadership is white men so it must be that they want to hire workers who will accept less pay, never think on their own, and get away with by hiding behind the facade of promoting diversity. Welcome to the corporate beating down of the American work force and good American wages. If they were truly in favor of living wages they would encourage the workers to unionize.

Advice to Management

Bring good jobs back to America and pay decent wages instead of shipping the jobs to India and paying 20 cents an hour.

2. Customer Service Associate

Former Contractor - Customer Service Associate in Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Associate in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Aon Hewitt as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Big, global company. Cafeteria on site.

Cons

Everything started out fine and looked promising. You get 4 weeks of training in the beginning but when you get put on the phones, you discover that the things you just spent 4 weeks reviewing aren't really relevant. The training materials were outdated. More was expected out of you than was even possible. Be prepared to be timed when you go to the restroom. Be prepared to get to work 30 minutes before you start getting paid so that you can get the ancient computers and software you have to use on and ready to work. Also, they're moved the entire team that assist the CSAs to India, so be prepared to go back and forth for days or even weeks with someone who has a very loose grasp on the english language about very technical health insurance subjects. Everyone hates it there. Every single person I spoke to was in the process of looking for another job. I started with a 33 person training group. Within one month, there were only 8 left. When I left after 5 months, there were 2 left. Oh, also, prepare to be treated like a child. The management approaches the CSAs as if they already know you are a their and a liar. For example, if you had to attend a funeral, you will be made to produce an obituary, even if you have never missed work or requested off before. I've never been treated with such disrespect from an employer, and after experiencing a loss at that.

Advice to Management

Put some investment into your low-level employees. Don't treat them like nameless animals heading to the slaughter. Reputation means something, and anybody who knows a previous employee knows about Aon.