Aon Hewitt

www.aonhewitt.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Aon Hewitt

Work smart and work hard

Former Employee - Financial Services Manager in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Financial Services Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Team was friendly, nice building, great manager, work was challenging and engaging. As long as you gave your best effort and your performance assessments were showing that you were exceeding expectations, your effort will be recognized and you will get promoted. many opportunities for growth. great pay and benefits.

Cons

long commute, middle management and upper management sometimes were not in sync, usual bureaucracy

1384 Other Employee Reviews for Aon Hewitt (View Most Recent)

Great company for some people, not for me.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, decent pay, great co-workers.

Cons

When I started with this company it was just Hewitt. At that time they had just went public, (I believe that was the downfall of Hewitt and it's employees). Hewitt used to be a very employee oriented company. They provided excellent low cost benefits, free meals and more opportunity for advancement. When I started there, they had just gotten rid of the free meals. They still provided a discount for employees and free milk and juice. It didn't take long for that to stop as they had become public they had to feed the fat cat stock holders. As time went on, they took away our hour lunch and turned it into a half hour. They raised the price of the meals so that it was more expensive to eat in the building but then you didn't have enough time to go off campus and get back to eat. When it came to the actual job they put more and more restrictions. It became very difficult to advance from the phones because if you had certain skills and they needed you in that position, they would not allow for your advancement. I had a friend that actually had to quit and get rehired in another role because even though she was well qualified for a higher role, they wouldn't give it to her because they needed her to be on the phones. That isn't a fair situation for a hard working employee. Its really not what you know but who you know, when it comes to advancement from customer service. Every year they hire temporary employees, "train them" quickly and badly and then leave it up to permanent employees to clean up the mess they made for the next 6 months. For customer service there is no life work balance. You are given sick days but you better know in advance when you are going to be sick because you have to request time off in advance. and then you probably won't get approved. They have a points system and if you are out a certain number of days for whatever reason you are at risk of losing your job. As a CSA you are expected to be chained to the desk for at least 90% of the day. Probably more now. I could honestly go on and on about how terrible this company is for the customer service position. Other positions however, are great. In some positions you are given a computer and allowed to work from home. If I had a position like that I would probably still be there. So bottom line is, working for Aon Hewitt may be great for some positions but in my opinion, not CSA. Good luck to all.

Lower management is okay, Upper management is out of touch and very typical corporate. I have no advice for them as I'm sure they don't care.

Health and Benefits Consultant

Current Employee - Health and Benefits Consultant in Morristown, NJ
    Current Employee - Health and Benefits Consultant in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at Aon Hewitt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, awesome benefits, lots of vacation, personal, and sick time. Extremely flexible work from home several days a week. Great opportunity to learn as much as you want. Monthly webinars and access to IFEBPS courses.

Cons

Heavy work load, they need to hire more analysts and consultants.

There are newer employer reviews for Aon Hewitt