There are newer employer reviews for Aon Hewitt

Aon is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Benefits Consultant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Benefits Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

I have been with Aon for over 6 years and am somewhat satisfied. I work from home one day a week and usually leave the office by 4. I love the people I work with and enjoy the work. My manager listens when I tell them how I feel and ask for advice and support.

Cons

I have been stuck in the same role for almost 5 years due to turnover and lack of help/support from management. There is some overtime involved when client deadlines arrise.

Better communication to employees about what is going on in the company.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good place to work

Current Employee - Managing Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aon Hewitt

Pros

Top company with good benefits. Aon has office locations all over the world so if you want to work just about anywhere, you practically can with Aon. Aon has a good 401(k) plan and a pension plan. The pension plan has been extremely reduced for those employees that have joined after 2003 but something is better than nothing! The medical, dental, and vision benfits are excellent because Aon is a large insurance concern. The firm is very much into diversity and inclusion and they offer many opportunities for training. Aon (not just Aon Consulting) is approximately 45,000 people world wide.

Cons

Large company where things like work stations are (too) small but they are that way supposedly to keep overhead down. The firm is a bit overbearing when it comes to diversity and inculsion and they waste too much time and money publishing posters and magazines about parts of the firm that have nothing to do with my part of the business. We ask them to stop sending a large number of these publications to small offices where there may be 1/10 the number of people as compared to the number of copies sent but they never listen. Sometimes big is not always a good thing. I don't feel very connected to top management.

Listen more to the people in the "trenches."

2. Aon Consulting should stick to insurance and not pretend to be human capitol specialists

Former Employee - Selection Associate in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Selection Associate in Melville, NY

I worked at Aon Hewitt

Pros

It is a very large company

Cons

You get "lost in the shuffle" and the Aon Consulting division that does assessment work for Verizon and recruiting services for Chysler Daimler is like the red head step child of the company

Also people are given assignments and hours based on how well liked you are and if you complain you can get punished by not given work/hours

Management turns their heads when its convenient and lets the favorites in the field run loose. You supposedly get certified to work on certain accounts but it's a joke. People dress the way they want, do what they want and get away with over stating hours and unprofessional behavior.

People in this division are treated like disposible razors.

Either develop the EPO/RPO or sell it off to someone that will develop and run it

There are newer employer reviews for Aon Hewitt