Aon
www.aon.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Amazingly, every week it's a little bit worse.

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Aon

ProsHey, it's a port in a storm. Huge company with plenty of work to do, so if you can figure out the bureaucracy it is possible to plug your skills into a given project, get some skills and some half decent pay.

ConsA series of complicated mergers over the last ten years have resulted in an extremely complex environment especially in the Information Technology space where I work. There may be over 30 different support lines for individual colleagues to call for IT support, hundreds of legacy environments, dozens of domains, insourcers, outsourcers, vendors and a complete lack of coherence. Other internal operations such as Financial and HR seem similarly convoluted. It's a MADHOUSE, a MADDDDHOUUUUSE.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop. What you are doing is not working. Go play golf and quit making deals. *sigh*

Good work but poor middle management.

IT Project Manager (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Aon

Pros: Good upper management. Good benefits. Cons: Poor middle managers. Cut throat atmosphere in office. Advice to Senior Management: Improve team dynamics and reduce incentive for workers to push… More

An overly conservative group of well-connected wealthy white males.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Aon

Pros: It can pay fairly well. There are a lot of… Cons: Aon is a very conservative, arrogant and stuffy culture. It's not progressive. The inflow of McKinsey consultants into Aon after Case took over brought Aon… Advice to Senior Management: Become more diverse. Quit hiring based on the country club memberships and lineage and start hiring more based on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Aon.

Worked for Aon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aon CEO Greg Case. All reviews posted anonymously by Aon employees.