Aon
www.aon.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Poor Management, low employee morale

Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Aon

Pros- It's a job that pays pretty decent
- The hours are not bad
- I love the clients I handle
- Most employees have awesome personalities, I work with great people

Cons- Horrible training for new employees.
- They tell employees the same day (or day before) that they have mandatory overtime all week. People do have lives outside of the job!
- Management rates their employees based on how they feel towards them, not on job performance.
- Eliminate all of the unecessary performance measures. Employees fail because you measure everything they do.
- Unfair promotions; if you kiss butt and are a complete idiot, you will probably get promoted.
- Overworking the best employees; I work with numerous people that have worked there 3+ years and have been a CSR the entire time, yet management uses them as trainers and supervisors. You lose good employees by overlooking them for promotions.
- Management is BEYOND incompetent. They have absolutely no knowledge about anything other than "metrics".

Advice to Senior Management- Get educated about what Aon does
- Stop treating employees like slaves (and speaking to them that way)
- Learn the clients you handle! You cannot pass judgement on employees about how they do their job if you don't know what their tasks are or about the client they take care of.
- Do some work, stop micromanaging and watching every move your employees make.
- Please stop making decisions without considering the effect it will have on your employees; mistakes are made and the morale is low because you disregard your employees.

Good company to work for although bonuses are subpar due to overall region performance, not group performance.

New York, NY

I have been working at Aon

Pros: Work/Life Balance Company Culture Well respected organization Innovative and strategic Leader in the industry Growth… Cons: Pay is less than expected in the industry. Bonuses are seemingly non-existent. Lay-offs occurred while… Advice to Senior Management: Worry about retaining your "unmatched talent" through compensation and pay incentives.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Amazingly, every week it's a little bit worse.

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Aon

Pros: Hey, it's a port in a storm. Huge company with plenty of work to do, so if you can figure… Cons: A series of complicated mergers over the last ten years have resulted in an extremely complex environment especially in the Information Technology space where I… Advice to Senior Management: Stop. What you are doing is not working. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Aon.

Worked for Aon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aon CEO Greg Case. All reviews posted anonymously by Aon employees.