There are newer employer reviews for Aon

Overal good company to work for.

Current Employee - Client Specialist in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Client Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great flexible schedule and working from home if you lucky to be in the right department and have a good manager .

Cons

Money is always an issue. Very average pay and every review is an disappointment no matter how hard you try you get a minimum. A lot of work is sent to India so many jobs is eleminated.evey year.

Advice to Management

In todays market managers care more about their own jobs and packets and bonuses and no cares about the regular employee.

Other Employee Reviews for Aon

Former Associate Broker

Former Employee - Associate Broker in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Associate Broker in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Aon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big organization, so opportunities are plentiful. Some of the divisions have really smart people that would be great to work with.

Cons

Culture in the respective office was not great. A lot of the employees have BIG egos (everyone believes they're a type-A personality) and culture isn't very friendly. Leadership of particular groups is scattered, so it is very difficult to grow/develop under a particular senior leader as you don't know in which the next senior leader will sprout from. Do not do a great job of promoting from within. Do not offer competitive salaries until an employee threatens to leave.

Middle of the road

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Aon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people I work with a cross the US and world are great.

Cons

Continually work is pushed down when there are broken programs etc. How much time do they think we can create since we already have a day job.

Advice to Management

Quick pushing work down and then say thank you. You really do t understand the impact to morale.