Aon

www.aon.com
  www.aon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Aon

A great experience on a long-term contract

Former Employee - Recruitment/Sourcing Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Recruitment/Sourcing Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Aon as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Supportive and positive team environment. Given autonomy to succeed per my own strategies. Fantastic Manager and Director. Lots of tools at our fingertips. Supportive of a 100% virtual role.

Cons

Hiring Managers vary in their ability to respond quickly and effectively to hire top talent. Some Managers do not understand that 'time kills deals'.

Train all Management on Recruitment Best Practices. Hiring top performers should be Aon's #1 priority. Recruitment life-cycle is way too long. In addition, I suggest triggering salary surveys across the board as Aon consistently under-compensates compared to their competition in the Toronto marketplace.

378 Other Employee Reviews for Aon (View Most Recent)

Overall good place to work but beware of powerful HR

Former Employee - Reinsurance Broker in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Reinsurance Broker in London, England (UK)

I worked at Aon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Leader in the field, excellent people, prestige. There are specialist departments dealing with all conceivable aspects of reinsurance so you are likely to find something you really enjoy.

Cons

My career at Aon Benfield was effectively ruined and cut short by the HR department. Their meddling, imposing and never-ending BS made my life miserable. In the end, they ignored my excellent reviews and great performance and tried to dismiss me unfairly.

Restrain the control and interference of HR executives. It is a widely shared view across the City that HR know absolutely nothing about the real business of a company and can only be a burden on a broker's performance and ability to do business.

Challenging but rewarding

Former Employee - Broker in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Broker in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Aon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Breadth and depth of learning on your subject matter, great colleagues, good management support and team building.

Cons

Very fast paced, structured and little room for error. Not for everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for Aon