Aon

www.aon.com

There is no way to advance or grow...

Client Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat experience with a top surety broker - lots of available international experience to be gained. You are able to work with both contract and commercial accounts who are at the top of their industries.

ConsThere are restrictions and cons to being with any large corporation, but Aon seems to have more than others... There is no flexibility to move positions laterally or up in Aon. Furthermore, there is no system for promotion with any sort of consistency - it is very subjective and those that have lasted the longest despite below average performance are given promotions and raises. When this is brought to the attention of management, they say they are "working on it", but that has been the answer for several years now.

Advice to Senior ManagementA corporation of this size and prestige should not fail so miserably at talent management and encouraging employee growth with more than just lip service.

AON has had a lot of changes in the recent years, with the majority of the changes financially good for the company

Account Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Aon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good and a variety of health insurance plans and… Cons: No career advancement, (management openly knowledges this), very small work… Advice to Senior Management: Lets have a pay for performance plan so all employees can be eligible… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Account Management

Account Manager (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

I have been working at Aon full-time for more than a year

Pros: Company has lots of resources. Cons: company makes too many program changes. Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Aon.

Worked for Aon? Contribute to the Community!