Apache

www.apachecorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apache

The Best Career Experience Ever!!!!

Former Employee - Senior Department Clerk & Land Analyst in Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Senior Department Clerk & Land Analyst in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Apache

Pros

After working in more than one department I know advancement is encouraged as well as education. They like to promote within. Hardwork is rewarded generously, monetary AND non monetary benefits are like no other. And the employees, not just management are fantastic. It is truly an environment that fosters growth both personal and professional. I'd go back in a heartbeat!

Cons

I experienced no downsides while working for Apache, had I not relocated with my spouse I'd still be working for them.

No, advice for Senior Management.

63 Other Employee Reviews for Apache (View Most Recent)

Apache is on the right track.

Current Employee - Accountant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Apache

Pros

It offers a great work and life balance. It is fairly easy to move to positions in other departments. Bureacracy is kept in minimum. Apache is growing fast and creating great opportunities for all of us. At the same time, management is very conservative and keeps the leverage at the managable level.
    Senior management is doing a fairly good job communicating with lower ranks of the company.

Cons

Also, Apache needs to make a change in their stationary supplies. I need to contact my supervisor every time I need supplies. We need better interaction between different accounting groups. Also, almost no training is offered at the headquarters.

Organize team work events to bring people from different departments together and increase communication between groups.

Apache: Demanding and Rewarding.

Current Employee - Geologist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Geologist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Apache

Pros

Apache is a company that will allow you to develop a wide range of skills in a fast paced environment, and will allow you to make game changing decisions immediately. In the oil and gas industry, Apache is known as a company that expects a lot of its employees, but rewards them for it. The bonus structure is phenomenal compared to other companies in this industry.
    Perhaps the best part of working for Apache is that it is big enough to participate in large, technologically advanced projects that are cutting edge, but also small enough to be incredibly agile when it comes to moving forward on projects and navigating the often complicated world of oil and gas. At Apache you will see projects moving from start to finish under your watch - that is something my peers at other companies do not often get to experience.

Cons

The main downside at working for Apache is that it demands far more from its employees than other companies. At Apache you are expected to do more as an individual - although team concepts are evolving there are still many times when you will have to work in many diverse fields on one project. At other companies you might have 5-6 people working a project, whereas at Apache you would only have 2-3 for a project of similar scope.
    This leads to what I see as being the biggest downside of working at Apache as a technical expert. You are often expected to be married to your job. It's not uncommon to have the feeling that you can't take your vacations because of assignments and deadlines, especially if you are determined to be upwardly mobile. The work-life balance can be truly dismal.

I would suggest that we continue to aggressively pursue growth in new geographic regions - A company trying to grow as fast as Apache really needs to try and re-establish a foothold in Asia and expand operations in existing regions (i.e., expand North Sea region into Scandinavia and Egypt into other Middle Eastern Countries, like what was done with Argentina-Chile).
    I would also suggest reigning in some operations to the corporate structure, and consider having more centralized accounting, IT, and legal departments.
    Finally, I would suggest that we better optimize our use of human capital. We have experts in various regions that could make huge impacts in other regions. However, due to how personnel decision are made on a regional level and not a corporate level, people's talents often go to waste

There are newer employer reviews for Apache