Apache

www.apachecorp.com

Been good to me so far

Senior Staff Geologist (Current Employee) Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

ProsMid sized independent with caring work environment. Empowers employees to follow their heart with great "go get it", no blame culture. Efficient systems processes that let you get on with your job and not do business with yourself (for now).

ConsHighly competitive peer group makes it harder and harder to increase shareholder value - law of diminishing returns kicking in as company grows. CEO close to retirement and in danger of losing direction. Procurement chain on brink of being hijacked by lawyers, middle management layer and SAP on pretext of "value add".

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it simple, restrict application of SAP to what it was designed for, do not under any circumstances allow delegation of roles through SAP as has happened at other companies. That's a fast track to doing business with yourself. Review LTI structure - may not provide as much of an incentive as in previous years due to recent rapid growth of company and difficulty in maintaining steady share price increase.

Good place to work

I have been working at Apache

Pros: Fast paced, active, aggressive, action oriented Cons: Lack of appreciation for a job well done - just… Advice to Senior Management: Appreciate the staff and praise at every opportunity Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Nice People, but Management is Terrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Apache

Pros: The people are very nice and the work is challenging and satisfying.… Cons: There is no work life balance, and management makes you feel guilty when you take your vacation time or have a doctor's appt. Most everyone… Advice to Senior Management: There needs to be recognition for a good job, and work/life balance. If someone works 50+… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Apache.

Worked for Apache? Contribute to the Community!