Apache
www.apachecorp.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Needs improvement

Analyst (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsBenefits are decent if you stay long enough for them to vest. Not hesitant to give you work responsibility. You have to put in a lot of hours, but its pretty laid back. Nice offices. I had a very nice boss.

Cons10% of people do 90% of the work. Some people do absolutely nothing and still receive the same bonus as everyone else. Little opportunity for advancement. Hard work not rewarded. You will work extra hours. You will not get the yearly bonus that they tell you to expect in your offer sheet. Small raises (2 or 3%). Very little work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your top performers or they will leave! Get rid of the people who do nothing. Promote the people who deserve it. Its 2013, time to give out corporate credit cards and not make people fill out expense reports every time they need to be reimbursed. At the very least automate the process.

Positive Summer Internship Experience

Summer Field Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Apache full-time for less than a year

Pros: I was a field intern for Apache, helping with well recompletions, mechanical work, and maintaining production. The internship was very well managed, with an emphasis… Cons: The hours were outside the typical 9-5 job, starting as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very helpful people. Loved working here.

Database Administrator (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at Apache as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: No extra hours. Laid back work culture. Worked as a… Cons: None that I can think of. Advice to Senior Management: Company needs to start exploring latest technology. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Apache.

Worked for Apache? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apache reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apache CEO Steve Farris. All reviews posted anonymously by Apache employees.