There are newer employer reviews for Apache

Marketing Analyst

I have been working at Apache full-time

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Long term incentive not very good

51 Other Employee Reviews for Apache (View Most Recent)

Needs improvement

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Apache for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are decent if you stay long enough for them to vest. Not hesitant to give you work responsibility. You have to put in a lot of hours, but its pretty laid back. Nice offices. I had a very nice boss.

Cons

10% of people do 90% of the work. Some people do absolutely nothing and still receive the same bonus as everyone else. Little opportunity for advancement. Hard work not rewarded. You will work extra hours. You will not get the yearly bonus that they tell you to expect in your offer sheet. Small raises (2 or 3%). Very little work life balance.

Reward your top performers or they will leave! Get rid of the people who do nothing. Promote the people who deserve it. Its 2013, time to give out corporate credit cards and not make people fill out expense reports every time they need to be reimbursed. At the very least automate the process.

Positive Summer Internship Experience

Former Employee - Summer Field Intern
    Former Employee - Summer Field Intern

I worked at Apache full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was a field intern for Apache, helping with well recompletions, mechanical work, and maintaining production. The internship was very well managed, with an emphasis on training. I learned a lot and was well compensated. Also, a successful internship gives a you a good chance of being hired by Apache in the future.

Cons

The hours were outside the typical 9-5 job, starting as early as 6 and days occasionally lasting 12, without overtime.

There are newer employer reviews for Apache

Worked for Apache? Contribute to the Community!