Nice group to work with!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilsonville, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Apcon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small company, interaction with all departments, intelligent people, growing product line. People get to know each other. Some great skills and experience here.

Cons

One point of decision-making, but reasonable and focused on making the business profitable. And that pays regular bonuses!

Other Reviews for Apcon

Very rewarding

Current Employee - Engineering  in  Wilsonville, OR
    Current Employee - Engineering in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Apcon

Pros

I like the small company, small team,challenge, and fast paced environment. I look forward to work every day which was not the case at previous employers. I have a say in my projects and I am very pleased with the projects I have worked on over the years. I have learned more here than at any other employer and worked on stuff I have never seen before. My work hours are very good, I have time off and I work within a great team. My reviews have been very good. I am verbally and financially rewarded for my work. There have been lots of improvements over the last year or more. The bonuses are very generous, the benefits were greatly improved, we have a formal review process now, many things have changed for the better and are changing still. The growth is great and it is very exciting to be a part of a growing company.

Cons

Lacking an engineering manager.. The CEO is a very smart guy, but there is too much going on for him to manage alone. The environment is challenging, but good.

A better PTO plan would be good.

A Desination Employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilsonville, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Apcon

Pros

The company has been growing very rapidly and added highly competent and professional staff that range from the director level to production line personnel. There is a continual flow of new products being developed and released for both Hardware and Software. The old culture is being/has been supplanted with a more structured environment with latitude to do what needs to be done to get results. If you are competent, develop strategies and plans, and execute you will be rewarded – results are expected (like any firm worth its salt). The company has been evolving rapidly but has a good atmosphere and one of the best work life balances that I’ve ever experienced in any of the many companies I’ve worked. Every day I get to do new things and improve the company and when I leave I feel I’ve made a difference. The people I work with are delighted to be part of this team and are consistently advocating Apcon as a destination employer.

Cons

The constant barrage of negative comments I read here, posted by bitter and incompetent mangers/directors that got canned for not getting results. Yes Apcon is a smaller company and if you don’t produce there is no one to hide behind: and your held accountable (a novel concept for some). I’ve never worked for Presidents and Vice President who didn’t have the same expectations! The goal of a company is to make money for the stockholders (be that one or many), by shipping product on schedule with the required features. It’s the job of the directors/managers to put the plan in place to make it happen on schedule, and if they can’t they need to highlight and communicate the risks and resources necessary to hit the target to get the results. Blaming the President for your failure to produce and hit schedules as expected shows the true character of those who have vented here.

Keep up-leveling the team and doing what you’re doing.

There are newer employer reviews for Apcon.

Worked for Apcon? Contribute to the Community!