There are newer employer reviews for Apcon

Nice group to work with!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Apcon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Small company, interaction with all departments, intelligent people, growing product line. People get to know each other. Some great skills and experience here.

Cons

One point of decision-making, but reasonable and focused on making the business profitable. And that pays regular bonuses!

reviews filtered by

Very rewarding

Current Employee - Engineering in Wilsonville, OR
    Current Employee - Engineering in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Apcon

Pros

I like the small company, small team,challenge, and fast paced environment. I look forward to work every day which was not the case at previous employers. I have a say in my projects and I am very pleased with the projects I have worked on over the years. I have learned more here than at any other employer and worked on stuff I have never seen before. My work hours are very good, I have time off and I work within a great team. My reviews have been very good. I am verbally and financially rewarded for my work. There have been lots of improvements over the last year or more. The bonuses are very generous, the benefits were greatly improved, we have a formal review process now, many things have changed for the better and are changing still. The growth is great and it is very exciting to be a part of a growing company.

Cons

Lacking an engineering manager.. The CEO is a very smart guy, but there is too much going on for him to manage alone. The environment is challenging, but good.

A better PTO plan would be good.

Started good, but steadily declined to being a dreadful place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Apcon

Pros

The technology is interesting, and has a good market ahead of it. There used to be an outstanding team of people to work with. If you can get on the CEO's good side, you'll do well for a while.

Cons

It's nigh impossible to get on the CEO's good side, and the slide from CEO Likes You to You're The Enemy is pretty quick, and fairly predictable.

In general, the employees are treated like they aren't worth their salaries. There was such an amazing concentration of talent at APCON at one point, but it was squandered away very quickly. Most of engineering has been turned over in the last two years. I don't see how APCON will be able to keep up with their field for long.

There really isn't much to say here that wasn't said in previous posts. There are ways to fix APCON's management, but it won't be done. It appears that the route they're taking to address the difficult hiring problems that APCON faces in Portland is to open an engineering group in Texas.

There are newer employer reviews for Apcon