Apex Capital

www.apexcapitalcorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apex Capital

Great Values, Great Workplace

I have been working at Apex Capital

Pros

Apex has a wonderful corporate culture, and the people feel like family. It's really a great place to work.

Cons

The only downside if the lack of career advance opportunities. But, if you like the job you are in, then it won't really matter.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Apex Capital (View Most Recent)

A much needed fresh breath after leaving corporate America!!!

Current Employee - Account Services in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Account Services in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Apex Capital

Pros

I applied to with Apex after leaving a very large corporation where I dealt with high level executives and government mandates on a daily basis. I was ready to step down and away from the stressful life of Corporate America. Along came Apex which was highly recommended by a friend of mine. The interview process was easy, and did not take long at all. BUT… Apex is looking for a very specific person for each role, and they are not in the business of handing out jobs to just anyone. From the moment I walked in I felt like I belong here, and the vibe/energy I received from the employees and management during the interview process is what made me say yes. Taking the position meant a large pay cut for me, but I was optimistic this was the right move. I could not have been more right.
    Medical/Dental benefits go into effect very quickly and are affordable. I do not feel like my whole check is pulled for insurance premiums. There are also many daily office perks as well: LOTS OF COFFEE, soda, juice, fruit, snacks, occasional meals, and Apex is always hosting something to give back to the employees.
    When listening to David Baker speak about Apex you can hear the passion in his voice and see it on his face. David and Dean do so much to keep the culture alive, and ensure we are always doing the right thing. For someone who came from Corporate America it is difficult to believe a business owner would turn down an opportunity to make big $$ because it doesn’t feel right. But hey that is how we do things at Apex.
    I thought this was going to be a place to temporarily hang my hat while I reevaluated whether or not the money was worth the stress of a corporate job. Well, too late. I fell in love with Apex and the people of Apex before I ever received my first pay check.

Cons

What are the cons? Well, my con is a temporary one. The starting pay is pretty low and for some people this may be a deal breaker. After 6 month there is a performance review that is accompanied by a raise, and then at 1 year there is quarterly profit sharing. Little is said about what the potential 6 month raise maybe so it is flying blind for 6 months hoping that the raise will be enough to get you by until profit sharing. For someone who is new and has not received a profit sharing check it can be a little frustrating that everyone else is getting so excited about something you can’t have…yet. But once it is here it can make up for the first year of lower pay.

Advancement and career paths… In the time I have been here I am not sure what the advancement opportunities are in my department. There are always emails being sent out announcing who was promoted to what role from other departments, but I am not sure about my own department. Hand in hand with this is career paths; it would be nice to have discussions about career paths. Where am I in the grand scheme of Apex and where can I go. If I want to go here, how do I get there?

Culture-Focused and Explosive Company Growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Apex Capital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company focuses on sharing success with its employees, pays well, offers excellent work-life balance, and has extremely low turnover. Apex prides itself on finding employees that fit and it shows in the tenure of their people. In general, Apex has trusted its employees to cook up a winning formula and its growth and market dominance have not come as a result of luck.

Cons

The organizational structure doesn't always lend itself to upward mobility and sometimes managers don't do the best job of getting people ready for promotion. It's up to the employee to stay motivated and push the envelope, which is just fine by me.

Make sure you evaluate the full effect of your growth and hiring decisions have on your current employees. Hiring a bunch of motivated and hungry ladder-climbers is a great strategy, but offers some perils when they feel that opportunities for growth aren't fairly presented. Always bear in mind the fact that things do not go unnoticed across the company and can have greater impact than you might think.

There are newer employer reviews for Apex Capital