There are newer employer reviews for Apex Computer Systems

For the past 10+ years it has been very uplifting, gratifying and experience building.

I have been working at Apex Computer Systems

Pros

Very people orientated company that tries to allow the individuals to participate in the growth and direction of the company. It does all it can to try and assure the profit is shared by bonus or raises when it can. Very little direct turn over due to employee dissatisfaction and when there is a required down sizing due to contract turn over, the employees want to come back as soon as they can. The people who do work there are very friendly and diverse from various ethnic groups and experience levels in the industry which helps bind the organizations closeness in helping develop its future as well as helping the employee in developing his or hers. The owner is working on developing the personnel and organization to think and work toward securing Apex for the next 100 years through a training and development program called "Project Century". It is to set the tone and mind set for the next 3 future generations of employees. They are also developing new ideas and thoughts of looking into the future of IT Service delivery and developing tools and ideas toward the future of that business.

Cons

Growth is currently to dependent on on major customer and the development of new customer base is a slow process. No large capital source to help it grow and develop quicker thus the improvements are a bit long in coming but they do come. It tries to give good benefits and does a good job with the resource it has but as a small company it is hard to compete with larger organizations.

Continue to work on the growth of the business with new customers and continue to look for and add great people to become "Apexians".

3 Other Employee Reviews for Apex Computer Systems (View Most Recent)

Great coworkers, but company lacks direction

I have been working at Apex Computer Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The coworkers work together like a family. We believe that if we take care of the company, the company will take care of us. Good benefits. Good work environment. No unnecessary micromanagement.

Cons

There have been some major changes in the senior management and it is difficult to tell where the company is headed. The work environment seems to be getting increasingly political. It seems like now the way to get ahead in the company is not with great work, but with chatting up the right senior managers. Company stresses the importance of personal growth, but the right training opportunities are not clear to those of us not in a technical role.

It will be much easier for the workers to align ourselves to the interests of the company if management is more transparent about what those interests are. It will also help us if the managers can provide more concrete ways for us to contribute to the company rather than giving us the sales pitches.

Not happy

I have been working at Apex Computer Systems

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, no micromanagement. Treats employees well. Good benefits such as medical, dental, etc., They even pay for spouse's medical, which is rare in this economy.

Cons

Very confused management style. Not too certain on their corporate strategy. The company seems to have lost its core competency and is struggling to stay alive.

Find out what your core competency is before the time runs out. I would suggest either really drive down cost and ramp efficiency, or invest in resources and broaden their skill sets.

There are newer employer reviews for Apex Computer Systems