Apex Facility Resources

www.apexfacility.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Apex Facility Resources

A team and company that recognizes its shortcomings... and is bouncing back

I have been working at Apex Facility Resources full-time

Pros

Attentive, results-driven leadership (apparently a huge improvement from years past)
Strong, supportive team at the office and warehouse
Many opportunities for growth in different departments (company in state of transition)

Cons

Growing, learning executive leadership (office = best place to be on some days, the worst on others)
Pace of gathering necessary documents/materials for time-sensitive projects is slow
New, community-based company culture at its infancy

Be there for your employees--if they say they need something--well, they need it. It's great to know that you're working on your leadership skills, but please share that knowledge with the rest of us too.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Apex Facility Resources (View Most Recent)

Fast Paced & Entrepreneurial!!!

I have been working at Apex Facility Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've been here for almost two years and I’m constantly amazed at how fast my days go by. We definitely have the “work hard, play hard” mentality. I have never been continually challenged by a job like I am here at Apex. You can never completely know everything there is to know about our industry which keeps the days diverse, interesting and rarely dull! To be successful here you really need to be a self-starter. The management team for the most part is hands off and trusts you to do your job well and that you’ll ask questions if you need help. I personally work very well in that type of environment. It’s also very flexible here depending on the type of position you have (office or crew); we’re able to set our hours for the most part and within reason obviously and have the option to work remotely if you need heads down time.

Advancement - In the short time I've been here I have seen at least five people advance to other positions: the owner’s executive assistant moved into the HR role (her EA duties did include helping the owner but now that she is in HR I don’t know of that happening), our receptionist moved into a project coordinator role, a few guys have moved from the crew into the dispatch role and two of our project coordinators moved into a sales/account manager roles.

Recognition – this certainly has been a struggle here but I have to say in the last 6 months I have seen a huge improvement which is in line with when our COO came on board. The owners have admitted that recognition does not come naturally to them. I admire that they’re able to recognize their short comings and hire someone to help with that. I don’t really work with the owners that much so really recognition means a lot more coming from my coworkers. I don’t expect to be recognized for doing my job, I expect to be recognized for going the extra mile or 10 miles. I don’t think everyone has the same definition of recognition – some may want more money, some more paid time off and some fun company activities among many others. I’m sure as a business owner it would be very hard to please everyone. We were given Christmas Eve off as a paid holiday as a thank you from the owners on what a great year 2014 was and how much we all accomplished. The pay for performance program was launched in 2015 to standardize the yearly review and raise process. The employee survey response team was implemented and we’re starting to see the changes from that. I think we’re definitely on the right track.

Cons

It makes me sad to read the negative comments posted by my co-workers past and present. I try to put myself in the senior management team’s shoes and read these and there really isn't any constructive feedback or solutions. It’s a way for angry people to hide behind anonymity and wallow in self-pity rather than bring solutions to the table. I see a lot of comments about the owners not knowing how to run a business. I haven’t run a business – I have absolutely no idea how to run a business and I don’t know of any of my co-workers past or present that have run a business and I would challenge all of them to post their ideas here or take them to the COO and see if your ideas can be implemented. I mean seriously, how cool would that be!?! Like one of the other reviewers said “be part of the change”; if you want it to be different here that means we all have to work together. This responsibility does not rest solely on the shoulders of the management team. We all have to buy in and that is what encouraged me to post this. I am buying in and I will be part of the change. I encourage everyone else to do the same or maybe this isn't the right place for you and that's ok too.

Titanic

I have been working at Apex Facility Resources

Pros

Good Benefits, decent pay, a nice web page

Cons

Lack of direction, C.O.O talks to you as if you are a child. C.O. O. is arrogant and has a hard time listening to employees when providing feedback. Gets defensive. Owner has the HR department run personal errands like taking her dogs to thier appointments and picking up her kids. Management believes getting rid of "bad seeds" instead of coaching them through transition and setting realistic goals for them to achieve is a better solution than working with long time employees through the transition phase.

Also no room for advancement.

Stop wasting money , stop chasing your tail. Owners need to get on board with the New C.O.O he is trying to save your company. I may not personally like the guy but he is trying to help you turn your company around. Also C.O.O needs to take a few interpersonal communication classes.

As for the previous comment on the owner's daughter who works hard... That is not the issue or the problem with the company. Lack of appreciation for the employees is as well as lack of understanding how to run a business.

There are newer employer reviews for Apex Facility Resources