Enjoyed working there

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Dundee, Scotland (UK)
Former Employee - Night Auditor in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Apex Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Better salary than average other companies in the same industry. People were quite nice there too. I enjoyed my time there

Cons

smaller company but it is good to be in a that kind of size. we had good reputation in some areas in the country

Other Employee Reviews for Apex Hotels

1. Great small sized company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Apex Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are incredibly friendly. The team is very multicultural, people come from all over the world. There are no hierarchy barriers between management and employees and it is very easy to speak to anyone. It really feels like a family. There is a great mindset of trying do to even better. People are encourage to speak their mind. The company is also very successful in its category. The product itself is very good and the service is excellent.

Cons

The pay is not great... but it is hospitality, and it compares to bigger brands like Hilton, Marriott...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work !

2. It's a Hotel...

Pros

Mostly friendly waiters/waitresses. No job in life will ever be worse.

Cons

As with all hotels I was unfortunate enough to work in, the pay is minimum wage because legally they can't pay you any less. Chefs were absolutely bonkers and exempt from the law. Managers had some sort of superiority complex, unique only to hotels because the pay is so little for those they manage and the staff speak little English and are just trying to get by. If I ever had to work here again I wouldn't, I'd go on the dole and probably love it.

Advice to Management

Your minimum wage staff are fellow human beings who need to pay rent just like you. Being on minimum wage was the most difficult time in my life and I will always have a soft spot for criminals because after serving the wealthy whilst earning minimum wage, it is evident that there is a large proportion of the population that just doesn't care.