Apex Systems

OK

Current Employee - Development Manager in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Development Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Apex Systems

Pros

This is the first time I worked with Apex Sys as consultant. My experience Until is fair. They pay on time, Organized and I Like the Admin person at San diego.

Cons

As I said, This is the first time I worked with Apex Sys as consultant. The recruiter and the account Manager they were so dificult to do negociation with in the first time.

- Be honest with Consultant.
- recognize People there qualification
- Support Consultant to get contract by giving
- Save some couple dollars will not help to find a good Candidat that will represent Apex at Client site.

248 Other Employee Reviews for Apex Systems (View Most Recent)

Apex is an excellent company to help get you back work and back into the corporate environment.

Current Employee - Help Desk Annalist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Help Desk Annalist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Apex Systems

Pros

If you have an extensive resume you will be offered many opportunities. And, if if they help employ you, you also help them remain employed.

Cons

It is the nature of these temporary contract positions... these are temporary positions, neither allowing you to make any headway on building seniority at the company you are working for, nor receive the other benefits normally associated with that position.

I felt like I was in a recruiting sweat shop

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Apex Systems

Pros

They hire entry level, lots of free lunches, and there is chance for good commission depending on the reqs they put you on.

Cons

They set the same production goals for everyone, whether or not you have been there a week or have been there for 5 years; or whether you are working on Senior Team Lead Java Developers or Tier 1 help desk positions. Their training program is nothing more than power-points and conference calls, and after you have wasted a month in training you are thrown to the lions den and are expected to make miracles happen. They do not allow for any sort of learning curve and fired me after about 4 weeks of actual recruiting.
    Most of the Account managers have only been out of college for less than 18 months and were promoted to that position after only 6-8 months of recruiting. They definitely play favorites and with an office of mostly sorority girls there is bound to be cliques and gossip.
    It is a very cut-throat working environment based entirely on your number of submittals. Your job is never secure, for every 2 people they hire 1 is fired.

You can't hold everyone to the same standard. Realize that some positions are harder to fill than others. Stop hiring sorority girls they make the office environment like middle school dance. And for god sake do something about the training program, you hire high energy, hands on people and expect them to learn everything from power point slides and conference calls.

There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems