There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems

Great company- always behind you.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Apex Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Car allowance, competitive atmosphere, decent benefits

Cons

need a better base salary

214 Other Employee Reviews for Apex Systems (View Most Recent)

Fair, but not great. Requested a pay increase each time my contract was extended, but I was told they weren't able to

Former Employee - Senior Data Analyst  in  Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Apex Systems as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Insurance and Disability rates are significantly lower than TekSystems' rates. They take you out to lunch frequently, but are not generous with their logo gifts unless you tell them that Kforce brought by blankets, sweatshirts and mugs (which they do, especially for the holidays).

Cons

They tend to sub contract from other contractors, so they are essentially the middle man. I ended up filling out 4 time cards each week.

See what competing contracting companies are doing and try to do the same or better.

Since the merger 2 years ago, APEX takes a nose dive in consultant perceived value

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Apex Systems as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

Paychecks on time every week as promised and rates were correct.
    Recruiters and account managers are very attentive IF they have you on the trail of an engagement.

Cons

Since the merger the walls are collapsing on this company. It used to be a great resource for the job seeker. I have been contracting through APEX since 2007 with very little gap in engagements, until this year. At which time the recruiters started lying and got caught by me in a severe conflict in ethical behavior. I have had to escalate complaints all the way up to corporate, which responded immediately with local management, and performed recruiter training. However, I still do not get near the activity in opportunities like they used to have. Market penetration is falling off fast for APEX, by admission of the staff I have known for years. They just do not have the mojo they did 2 years ago. Poor candidate communication if they do not have you submitted and ready hopefully to make a commission. Just as soon as you are out of the competition for the specific job, they don't know you anymore. Do not expect a phone call just to keep fresh, not unless you are already in the pipeline for someone to make a buck on you. It's not the recruiters or account managers fault. They have become under performers in the industry because of new management and industry confidence.

Keep monitoring performance of recruiters in the interest of losing your commodity base, us the candidates. Especially those of us that have worked hard to make you allot of money on fees in the past. I happen to be a Sr. Project Manager, there are allot of opportunities I find on job boards, your teams just do not have the same drive they used to have. It is sad.

There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems

Worked for Apex Systems? Contribute to the Community!