There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems

Great company- always behind you.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Apex Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Car allowance, competitive atmosphere, decent benefits

Cons

need a better base salary

reviews filtered by

Late Paychecks

Current Contractor - Systems Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - Systems Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Apex Systems as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any at the moment.

Cons

They are disrespectful and don't provide support to the contractors. For instance, they intentionally withheld one paycheck to "teach me a lesson" (per an email that was read to me over the phone by an Apex staffer). Then, they withheld yet another paycheck because it had not been approved by the client early enough payment (it was over a holiday week-end) rather than asking me to expedite the approval. They really did not seem to care (one way or another) if I got paid at all. Also, they did a very poor job of communicating their hours...the recorded message said that they were open over Thanksgiving week; in fact, they were not open that Friday and available to the contractors who were required to work. This is the Chicago office and they totally suck!

Since the merger 2 years ago, APEX takes a nose dive in consultant perceived value

Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Apex Systems as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Paychecks on time every week as promised and rates were correct.
    Recruiters and account managers are very attentive IF they have you on the trail of an engagement.

Cons

Since the merger the walls are collapsing on this company. It used to be a great resource for the job seeker. I have been contracting through APEX since 2007 with very little gap in engagements, until this year. At which time the recruiters started lying and got caught by me in a severe conflict in ethical behavior. I have had to escalate complaints all the way up to corporate, which responded immediately with local management, and performed recruiter training. However, I still do not get near the activity in opportunities like they used to have. Market penetration is falling off fast for APEX, by admission of the staff I have known for years. They just do not have the mojo they did 2 years ago. Poor candidate communication if they do not have you submitted and ready hopefully to make a commission. Just as soon as you are out of the competition for the specific job, they don't know you anymore. Do not expect a phone call just to keep fresh, not unless you are already in the pipeline for someone to make a buck on you. It's not the recruiters or account managers fault. They have become under performers in the industry because of new management and industry confidence.

Keep monitoring performance of recruiters in the interest of losing your commodity base, us the candidates. Especially those of us that have worked hard to make you allot of money on fees in the past. I happen to be a Sr. Project Manager, there are allot of opportunities I find on job boards, your teams just do not have the same drive they used to have. It is sad.

There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems