Apex Systems

There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Professional Recruiter in Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Professional Recruiter in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Apex Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Apex Systems for over 3 years and I can't imagine working anywhere else! It's a fun, fast-paced, competitive environment and if you put in the effort to achieve your goals, you are rewarded for it. Your supervisors are always looking to help you grow and develop professionally and the opportunity to advance your career is there!

Cons

Don't have a flexible work schedule

270 Other Employee Reviews for Apex Systems (View Most Recent)

A decent contracting company, but benefits could be better.

Current Employee - Consultant in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Apex Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

1. They do a good job making sure you are paid every week as long as you get your time in.
    2. Most of the administrative and recruiting staff are nice, professional, and upbeat.
    3. The contracting rate is good.
    4. When they hired me, everything went smoothly. There was not any "messing" around or unethical behavior which I've encountered with other contracting and staffing companies - i.e. no attempts to change the rate after we came to a verbal agreement and everything was pretty much on the level.

Cons

1. Benefits are not that great. For example, the 401K takes a year just to qualify for enrollment.
    2. The health insurance is not that good. high deductible and only 100K lifetime limit - one or 2 major health events could completely max out the insurance. Dental and other benefits are ok.
    3. Not much in the way of employee activities, at least for contractors it seems. The corporate office is near Richmond, Va, but I never get invited to any events or even out to lunch - I'm not even sure if they have a christmas party.
    4. Not much communication about what's going on in the company. There is a newsletter once a quarter, but that's about it.

Provide some better benefits and don't make people wait a whole year for the 401K.

Overall not bad

Former Contractor - PC Support Specialist in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Contractor - PC Support Specialist in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Apex Systems as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Pay was great.
    My recruiter was very supportive, & positive through my two year contract.

Cons

Had to fight to be paid for the holidays listed in my contract.
    Some paperwork was misfiled, and there was a lapse in my employment.
    Mediocre & expensive benefits.

Better communication with employee & on site management to ensure documentation & paperwork is filed in a timely & correct fashion.

There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems