There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems

Apex is a great place to make money if you are extremely competitive.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apex Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great commission structure. Unlimited earning potential. Top performers in our company make over $500k per year. If you are the type that can persevere through any trials put in your way, then you will do well at this company.

Cons

Very competitive environment. All about results. Intense weekly performance metrics that must be hit. Will be very frustrating and unfulfilling for those who are not primarily motivated by money. There is constant frustration and disappointment. Not for the thin skinned. Not a good company for introverts.

reviews filtered by

Avoid if you are the talent, go for it if you are the recruiter.

Former Contractor - Senior Web Developer in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - Senior Web Developer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Apex Systems as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Paperwork and paychecks arrive on time.
    Recruiter occasionally visits with treats or takes you out to lunch.
    Aggressively push their clients to hire the talent.
    Intensely focused on their client relationships.

Cons

Apex is a headshop. They focus heavily on positioning people because the cut they take from the talent is their bloodline, end of story. Just look at the reviews. Recruiters love them, talent regards them as a quick setup followed by invisible presence. This is mediocre if you land at a place you are happy in. Not fine if they drop you into a disaster.

There is no professional effort to keep talent loyal to Apex. Technical people might as well be cows as far as they are concerned. Just keep working and when the client is done with you, go collect unemployment.

There are agencies who take team-based approaches, where talent takes top priority, and who invest heavily in keeping talent loyal and advancing in their practice. Agencies who relocate talent when the gig is not a good match for the laborer. I work for such an agency now, have advanced significantly in my role and salary across multiple clients, and we are hiring. Apex does none of this.

That they skimmed a percentage of my paycheck for about a year is really all I have to acknowledge them by.

Advice to Management

Pat yourselves on the back if you are still earning profits from the people you have doing the heavy lifting for you, but keep in mind that the technical community becomes networked over time. I will never recommend Apex as a place to work for the talented people I know. Those who don't meet my standards may end up supplying your coffers, and I would be happy to send them your way even if all I get out of the deal is their work away from my projects.

2. Good People, Positive environment

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Edison, NJ

I worked at Apex Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good Managers, willing to train and teach you how to be successful in the company. Great opportunity to move up quickly. Good Benefits and takes care of their employees.

Cons

Lots of phone calls- non stop cold calls and dialing. Really monitor everything so you have to keep your numbers up.

There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems