There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems

So far they have been the only agency that I've had the best experience with. They seem to stay on top of it.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Jose, CA
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Apex Systems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The hiring process went smoothly, I didn't expect to have constant contact with them after but they're amazing at building professional relationships with their consultants. I'm not sure if that differs between Account Managers but the one made an effort to keep me happy and always answer questions I had

Cons

Contract is coming to an end and they haven't really found something to replace me, I would love to stick to this agency. Small client list..

Advice to Management

Try increasing your client list so that us contractors can stay with you

reviews filtered by

Not worth the headache...

Former Contractor - Business Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Former Contractor - Business Analyst in Nashville, TN

I worked at Apex Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The account manager will accompany you to your first day at work (like your Mom accompanying you the first day of school). If you need to be hand held.

Cons

They are not truthful about start dates. Start dates are drawn out as much as three weeks.

Advice to Management

If the account manager is willing to risk losing the entire account of a big company to gain exclusivity to a particular job. The employees can't mean much. The recruiter had HORRIBLE follow up. For every appointment we made she couldn't remember to send confirmation emails (the address, the time, etc.). She couldn't answer a question or make a single move without speaking with the account manager first. The assignment was not a good fit. The information supplied in the interview turned out to not be what the assignment was about. There is nothing worse than being bored so I had planned to finish the week and pull off of the assignment. Meanwhile, the manager at the assigned company revealed ALL of her personal business. I knew how old she was, when/how she met her fiancée, how many kids she had, how many dogs they had, where she lived, her commute to work, how she loved her Mom and hated her Dad, where they went on vacation... WHO CARES??? I was on assignment to complete a job and building a personal rapport takes time. It was just too much to reveal in the first hour. She also had terrible teeth, so the more she spoke, the more I had to view these brown, cavity filled teeth (don't they have dental?). When I did not reciprocate my information, she told the account manager I slept all day and stayed on the phone all day. Pick one you can't be asleep and on the phone. The account manager was a punk. I understand they have to keep the client happy but you should have enough common sense to challenge something that doesn't make sense. But I guess if you jeopardized your entire company's relationship to get the account in the first place you may want to just take whatever is thrown your way. If you stand for nothing, then you will fall for anything. Stay away they are unprofessional...

2. Learned how to recruit like a pro in this cult!

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Apex Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young fun employees, work hard, play hard mantra

Cons

Expectation is to hang out 24-7 after work hours

Advice to Management

Some employees are an HR nightmare and very cut throat and unethical. Ensure branch managers don't tolerate this behavior.