Apex Systems

There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems

I Love Working for Apex!

Current Employee - Agile Coach and Scrum Master in Glen Allen, VA
Current Employee - Agile Coach and Scrum Master in Glen Allen, VA

I have been working at Apex Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Professional Account Managers and Recruiters, great pay, excellent communication and follow up from staff at Apex -- fantastic work environment with work/life balance. The Glen Allen, VA staff are best-in-class, and Chris and Erin have been phenomenal folks to work with. I have had a couple of visits with my AM and Recruiter after placement. They don't just place you and forget about you like most firms. I have a great partnership with my AM and Recruiter, and because of that, I have no desire to work anywhere else.

Cons

Group Health Insurance could be a little better, though Dental, Vision, Life, etc., are just fine.

Please improve the group health insurance offerings. The only reason I might need to look elsewhere is due to needing better catastrophic health insurance benefits to protect my family.

249 Other Employee Reviews for Apex Systems (View Most Recent)

Attentive

Current Employee - Security Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Security Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Apex Systems as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Very Attentive once you are accepted by a client.

Cons

Only call you when a client wants you, otherwise you don't exist

The worst and most disorganized company I've ever worked for.

Former Employee - Instructional Systems Designer in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Instructional Systems Designer in Arlington, VA

I worked at Apex Systems as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

HR rep was great. Unfortunately she could not go to bat for the workers when it came down to the negotiating table.

Cons

1. Company took five months to reimburse me for travel, trip (I was a subcontractor). 2. HR Sent my insurance information late, resulting in lapsed insurance time: this month without coverage caused problems for me to get new insurance. 3. Employee rep overworked and way too busy to meet or call the workers. 4. Phone calls, emails, and other correspondence to company were sometimes lost or left unanswered.

I understand Apex is growing fast, but upper management needs to focus on training well, structuring its people to Manageable Numbers, and promote more thorough representation of its contractors. In my case, my POC to Apex was completely overworked and had been assigned 45+ people among 20 companies. The poor service and lack of follow-through with my concerns as well as the failure to reimburse me in a timely manner for expenses incurred for a work trip was infuriating; I had never been treated this way by a company before. It is because of the above that I decided to leave the company when a better offer arrived on my doorstep.

There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems