Mind Numbing Training And Immature Co Workers

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Apex Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A large player in the IT staffing industry. A lot of opportunity to make money. If you played College sports or attended a well known University or College you could fit in here. If you're young, 30 or under you might like the culture.

Cons

The sales training program, the immature behavior of co-workers, it's not a sales organization it's a popularity contest. If you didn't play sports in College or attend a named University then the culture doesn't treat you the same way as those that did play sports or a University. Management is very strict and unprofessional.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for you. Whatever your doing in the future is your business and good luck with that.

reviews filtered by

Employees first

Current Contractor - Management Consultant in Irving, TX
    Current Contractor - Management Consultant in Irving, TX

I have been working at Apex Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Apex works harder than any other consultancy to ensure your placement. They listen, are receptive and act on early risk or issues to make a positive relationship for all.

Cons

In order to promote a balance of family and work, it can be a challenge to meet your counterparts and to network internally.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower the internal team of recruiters and consultants and take an opportunity to make regular on-site visits. This is where we succeed and keep ahead and on top of requirements and expectations.

Hope you don't need money all that bad

Former Contractor - Help Desk I in Charlotte, NC
    Former Contractor - Help Desk I in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Apex Systems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Stable work environment as far as contract work goes

Cons

Flipping burgers at McDonald's probably pays more than Help Desk work through these folks

Advice to Management

Make salaries competitive in today's world. I spent a year being the laughing stock of the IT world working for you folks and the name APEX Systems now fills any Help Desk technicians heart with nameless dread. No one wants to work for you and you are taking advantage of the bad economy by raping the common man of money he should get by working for you. Then you LIE about it saying that it is the client who sets the price. The client agrees with how much they are going to pay YOU but YOU set the price for US. Working IT HelpDesk I was making $11 an hour for your folks when everybody else in my state was earning $13/hr and up for entry level. Shame on you. I will NEVER take another contract from you again. EVER.