There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems

brought in, short term, with others, to contract out to IBM to install TSM 6.2.1.3 on Honda America client nodes

Former Contractor - Systems Engineer in South Milwaukee, WI
Former Contractor - Systems Engineer in South Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Apex Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, sharp personnel, well organized, regular weekly teleconference calls to report successes, issues that occurred, and to field possible suggestions by any of the team.

Cons

Long hours, with heavily loaded weekends, but that was understood up front due to the nature of the job - get everything installed, updated, and successfully backed up as soon as possible, then move on to the next batch.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Employees first

Current Contractor - Management Consultant in Irving, TX
    Current Contractor - Management Consultant in Irving, TX

I have been working at Apex Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Apex works harder than any other consultancy to ensure your placement. They listen, are receptive and act on early risk or issues to make a positive relationship for all.

Cons

In order to promote a balance of family and work, it can be a challenge to meet your counterparts and to network internally.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower the internal team of recruiters and consultants and take an opportunity to make regular on-site visits. This is where we succeed and keep ahead and on top of requirements and expectations.

Hope you don't need money all that bad

Former Contractor - Help Desk I in Charlotte, NC
    Former Contractor - Help Desk I in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Apex Systems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Stable work environment as far as contract work goes

Cons

Flipping burgers at McDonald's probably pays more than Help Desk work through these folks

Advice to Management

Make salaries competitive in today's world. I spent a year being the laughing stock of the IT world working for you folks and the name APEX Systems now fills any Help Desk technicians heart with nameless dread. No one wants to work for you and you are taking advantage of the bad economy by raping the common man of money he should get by working for you. Then you LIE about it saying that it is the client who sets the price. The client agrees with how much they are going to pay YOU but YOU set the price for US. Working IT HelpDesk I was making $11 an hour for your folks when everybody else in my state was earning $13/hr and up for entry level. Shame on you. I will NEVER take another contract from you again. EVER.