There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems

brought in, short term, with others, to contract out to IBM to install TSM 6.2.1.3 on Honda America client nodes

Former Contractor - Systems Engineer in South Milwaukee, WI
Former Contractor - Systems Engineer in South Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Apex Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, sharp personnel, well organized, regular weekly teleconference calls to report successes, issues that occurred, and to field possible suggestions by any of the team.

Cons

Long hours, with heavily loaded weekends, but that was understood up front due to the nature of the job - get everything installed, updated, and successfully backed up as soon as possible, then move on to the next batch.

Other Employee Reviews for Apex Systems

My 6 month contract-to-hire expirence

Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Apex Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They were able to place me with a pretty good company. They have a good selection of job opportunities. Recruiters seem friendly, at first.

Cons

I was stuck with Apex benefits for 6 months, and the benefits are atrocious: No vacation, no holidays, no 401k plan. Medical benefits cost me over $100/month and only provided a maximum payout of $7500/year. It was my experience that Apex employees (recruiters) will tell you what you want to hear. Usually they are truthful, but sometimes it's not the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Keep in mind that they are in the business of making money, and they do that by bringing companies and contractors together. Verify everything they say and get it in writing. Once you sign that contract, Apex doesn't care what what said; it only matters if you can prove it. Not all recruiting agencies are this bad. There are some good ones out there.

Advice to Management

Contractors are your product. Treat them well and they will speak well of Apex. Treat them poorly and it will ruin the reputation of your company. Because of my experience, I will never work with Apex again and I will never recommend Apex to anyone. I mean no disrespect by this. Please take this as a cautionary example. Make the necessary improvements. I wish Apex the best of luck in the future.

My experience with Apex is positive, but disappointed in benefits package for contractors

Current Contractor - Information Security Senior Advisor
    Current Contractor - Information Security Senior Advisor

I have been working at Apex Systems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I work as a contractor for Apex, and they do go to bat for you when something is amiss.

Cons

The health insurance benefits are laughable. The premiums combined with the cap on annual benefits are such that the 'insurance' is not insurance at all. Better to save your money every month and pay cash, or go get your own insurance.

Advice to Management

Give high paid contractors a reason to stay and be loyal to you. DON'T insult their intelligence by telling them that the benefits offered are 'good.'