Apex Systems

There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems

great company

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Austin, TX
Current Contractor - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apex Systems as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

great benefits, good compensation, pay weekly

Cons

I've had no problems with apex

may want to look at increasing individual compensation

271 Other Employee Reviews for Apex Systems (View Most Recent)

Refresh Deployment Technician

Former Contractor - Deployment Technician in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Deployment Technician in Washington, DC

I worked at Apex Systems as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Its a job. It pays (on the months that you dont have 2 or more weeks without work). Thats about it really. The "expense reimbursment" does get your money back to you eventually, and the management is OK if you catch them on a good day. The travel is fun if you get lucky enough to land one of the coveted spots overseas for a few weeks.

Cons

Thw work isnt steady, and even on a good month its not great. You have to spend half your paycheck on food and gas that they claim will be reimbursed, but you usually have to wait 2-3 months to see it. No paid holidays or vacation, or even an offer of medical / dental / 401k benefits. Good entry level job, but not really anywhere to go from there (no way to advance in the company from this position). A LOT of turnover of technicians, most only last a few months because of the lack of work / low pay / no benefits / stress of being 100% travel.

Scheduling needs a lot of help. Consistant work is necessary if you want people to stay on longer than a few months.

Apex has great people & work environment - there is not a lot of room for progression.

I have been working at Apex Systems full-time

Pros

I loved everyone I worked with at Apex and they have generous internal benefits. I never dreaded arriving to work each day,(like I'd felt with previous corporate jobs). My manager never micromanaged and each person wanted to do their best at their job which made for a positive work environment.

Cons

I'd seen a lot of employees in the same role for several years that weren't given the opportunity for advancement. Although sticking around made financial sense, there didn't seem to be enough opportunity to be a, "lifetime" gig.

Create and/or consider making more opportunity for advancement. Possibly offer more flexible office hours; I couldn't see the strict schedule work for employees over 30 that have children and may need versatile work hours.

There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems