Apex Systems
www.apexsystemsinc.com Glen Allen, VA 500 to 999 Employees

Poor at communicating and poor at paying

PC Technician (Current Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

ProsThey got me a decent job that was better than the place I was working. They do at least offer some benefits, and the paychecks are weekly.

ConsTwo days before I was set to start working at my new job, I get a call saying that they messed up and offered me a pay rate that was $3.50 an hour too high. I had already turned in my notice and served my last day at my previous job when I got this news. Despite the fact that all the paperwork had been completed and signed by both parties, I had to immediately sign and pay to send back a new contract at the lower rate. When I first started this job, President's Day was coming up and I sent my contact at the company an email asking if we got the holiday off with pay. All four of the other contractors at my job got the day off paid, so I assumed that I did too. However, I got a call a full week later saying that no, I didn't get any holidays off paid and despite the fact that I've gotten paid holidays at every other company I've worked for, it's not the industry norm. Now I have to redo my budget for this month to compensate for their lack of communication. The benefits aren't that great, and they're way more expensive than I've ever paid. My contact at Apex wouldn't send me any information on the benefits package before I took the job, so I'm basically left making a little bit LESS money even though I got a pay raise to come here.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour company needs to stand by its offers once it signs something. As it turns out, the rate that I was initially offered and agreed to is the same rate that all the other contractors here are making, so it looks like you guys just lowered my pay rate so you could make a few extra bucks off me. Your employees that are in charge of making sure new contractors get settled in should have some kind of timeframe that they should get back to us within. My time could have been flexed to make up for the lost 8 hours of pay that I have to work around, and it's not like you're allowing me to work overtime to compensate.

Work hard but get rewarded

Technical Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Dublin, OH

I have been working at Apex Systems

Pros: Your expectations are made known early on and you are rewarded for meeting them.… Cons: Expected work day can get long and there is not much flexibility. The expectations… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

This place is BS

Technical Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Richmond, VA

I have been working at Apex Systems

Pros: The only pro is that you get your birthday off,… Cons: The management at Apex blows. Forget about advancement opportunities. The pay is lousy and there isn't room for advancement. If you're a college graduate and… Advice to Senior Management: Pay people what they are worth. Apex Systems=Cheap No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Apex Systems.

Worked for Apex Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apex Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apex Systems CEO Jeff Veatch. All reviews posted anonymously by Apex Systems employees.