Apex Systems

www.apexsystemsinc.com
  www.apexsystemsinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems

Poor at communicating and poor at paying

Current Employee - PC Technician in Albuquerque, NM
Current Employee - PC Technician in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Apex Systems

Pros

They got me a decent job that was better than the place I was working. They do at least offer some benefits, and the paychecks are weekly.

Cons

Two days before I was set to start working at my new job, I get a call saying that they messed up and offered me a pay rate that was $3.50 an hour too high. I had already turned in my notice and served my last day at my previous job when I got this news. Despite the fact that all the paperwork had been completed and signed by both parties, I had to immediately sign and pay to send back a new contract at the lower rate. When I first started this job, President's Day was coming up and I sent my contact at the company an email asking if we got the holiday off with pay. All four of the other contractors at my job got the day off paid, so I assumed that I did too. However, I got a call a full week later saying that no, I didn't get any holidays off paid and despite the fact that I've gotten paid holidays at every other company I've worked for, it's not the industry norm. Now I have to redo my budget for this month to compensate for their lack of communication. The benefits aren't that great, and they're way more expensive than I've ever paid. My contact at Apex wouldn't send me any information on the benefits package before I took the job, so I'm basically left making a little bit LESS money even though I got a pay raise to come here.

Your company needs to stand by its offers once it signs something. As it turns out, the rate that I was initially offered and agreed to is the same rate that all the other contractors here are making, so it looks like you guys just lowered my pay rate so you could make a few extra bucks off me. Your employees that are in charge of making sure new contractors get settled in should have some kind of timeframe that they should get back to us within. My time could have been flexed to make up for the lost 8 hours of pay that I have to work around, and it's not like you're allowing me to work overtime to compensate.

248 Other Employee Reviews for Apex Systems (View Most Recent)

Fast paced sales organization that awards the "go getter" attitude

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Apex Systems

Pros

In terms of the staffing industry, Apex provides some of the highest commissions. Apex is the number 8 IT staffing firm in the country and has developed strong and profitable relationships with many leading enterprise companies.

There is little bureaucracy in your business; individuals are are responsible for and awarded just as equally to get the job done.

Cons

It is 100% a sales environment. Your numbers are public knowledge and anyone at anypoint can see your success or failure.

Continue to make decisions in the best interest of your employees.

Apex is the perfect company for a new college graduate.

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Apex Systems

Pros

Ability to fall on your face and learn from your mistakes. It's a work hard, play hard environment.

Cons

The opportuinties for growth are limited.

Branch management is a reflection on the firm, hire wisely.

There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems