There are newer employer reviews for Apex Tool Group

Foundering Management, No Direction and Loss of Market Share. Big potential but no ability to execute

I have been working at Apex Tool Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some great individuals, global company, good manufacturing experience. Strong products but lacking the ability to get them out the door.

Cons

Horrible Leadership, useless ABS system, endless Kaizens with no real results. Terrible operations leadership leading to high inventory and loss of market share

Take care of your existing talent, make real investments in people, technology and tools to drive innovation, ditch the flawed religion of ABS.

28 Other Employee Reviews for Apex Tool Group (View Most Recent)

warehouse assembly

Current Employee - Manufacturing Worker  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Worker in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Apex Tool Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

assembled-sack rulers, packaging and shipping

Cons

they send my job to mexico

they download employer and got layoff

Work Overload = Burned Out Workers

Current Employee - Operations  in  Apex, NC
    Current Employee - Operations in Apex, NC

I have been working at Apex Tool Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is in line with standard industry wages. Benefits meet the minimal employee expectations, similar to other "lean" operations. The company has invested in current versions of computer applications.

Cons

Extremely lean workforce. An overload of work and unrealistic expectations places the burden of accomplishment on too few people. All departments work lots of overtime but some are working 7 days/week plus holidays and while on vacation. Chaos, stress, continuous mistakes, and procedural inconsistencies characterize the typical day-to-day work experience.

It's likely that either Bain Capital or Apex Tool Group's management has a purpose for working employees this hard, beyond reasonable expectations, while being "thrifty" with bringing in additional qualified help. We know you realize our situation. Is the intent to further reduce the staff and restructure the business model? We look forward to your disclosure so that we have a better understanding of why we're working ourselves to exhaustion.

There are newer employer reviews for Apex Tool Group

Worked for Apex Tool Group? Contribute to the Community!