Apollo Education Group

www.apollo.edu
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Apollo Education Group

Tentative existence not knowing what the next week will be like.

Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Apollo Education Group

Pros

Pay is decent, and some cases the managers are very good.

Cons

The main problem here is that upper managment does not appear to be cohesive with an ability to focus on a long range IT plan and stick with it. Communication and goal setting appear to be a foreign concept here.

Figure out a high level plan of direction for the IT group and provide definitive leadership and stop making so many changes with staff.

361 Other Employee Reviews for Apollo Education Group (View Most Recent)

In my opinion, for a Software Engineer Apollo used to be a good place to work, but not anymore.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Apollo Education Group

Pros

Benefits are good and pay rate is OK.
    Apollo always throws a good Holiday party.

Cons

In my opinion, favoritism in advancement decisions is rampant with the unspoken endorsement of upper management.
    In my opinion, there is no respect for software engineers and they are treated like lower tier employees.
    In my opinion, Engineering has a layer of so call ‘architects’ that are the most egocentric and arrogant people I have worked with.
    In my opinion, the current working environment if very poor in the new office space but management refuses to acknowledge the dissatisfaction after receiving feedback from many employees. In my opinion, there is no intention of investing in real workspace improvements.

Keep doing what you are doing if you want to lose your best engineers but keep a layer of ‘architects’ that in my opinion cannot (or refuse to) do engineering work.

All the Good People Have Left

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Apollo Education Group

Pros

Good pay. Having a job is better than not having a job. Best IT personnel have left so there is real opportunity to have big impact.

Cons

All of the good programmers have left. Many left are on H1B and can't leave. Terrible idea to offshore with no apparent plan to succeed. Top management is terrible. No consistent direction. A big company that is run like mom and pop shop. Not a mature development organization. If you are in IT you can probably do a lot better.

Listen to your people. Have a goal, a vision, an understanding of priority. Do not put people in a position to fail and then burn them out when they do. You are an American Company receiving 90% of your money from the US government so you need to stop doing offshore. It doesn't work anyway.

There are newer employer reviews for Apollo Education Group