There are newer employer reviews for Apollo Education Group

We are frustrated trying to accomplish our goals.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Apollo Education Group

Pros

Because they are so unstructured one has the ability to influence change

Cons

under staffed
over worked
technical staff not treated fairly
PM's have no authority

Management, manager the customer and stop over allocating resources. Over allocation of the resources is causing the best of our talent to leave the company, leaving us further short handed. Additionally, it's our best talent that's leaving, leaving us understaffed with those who are less talented to get the job done.

298 Other Employee Reviews for Apollo Education Group (View Most Recent)

In my opinion, for a Software Engineer Apollo used to be a good place to work, but not anymore.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Apollo Education Group

Pros

Benefits are good and pay rate is OK.
    Apollo always throws a good Holiday party.

Cons

In my opinion, favoritism in advancement decisions is rampant with the unspoken endorsement of upper management.
    In my opinion, there is no respect for software engineers and they are treated like lower tier employees.
    In my opinion, Engineering has a layer of so call ‘architects’ that are the most egocentric and arrogant people I have worked with.
    In my opinion, the current working environment if very poor in the new office space but management refuses to acknowledge the dissatisfaction after receiving feedback from many employees. In my opinion, there is no intention of investing in real workspace improvements.

Keep doing what you are doing if you want to lose your best engineers but keep a layer of ‘architects’ that in my opinion cannot (or refuse to) do engineering work.

Tentative existence not knowing what the next week will be like.

Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Apollo Education Group

Pros

Pay is decent, and some cases the managers are very good.

Cons

The main problem here is that upper managment does not appear to be cohesive with an ability to focus on a long range IT plan and stick with it. Communication and goal setting appear to be a foreign concept here.

Figure out a high level plan of direction for the IT group and provide definitive leadership and stop making so many changes with staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Apollo Education Group

Worked for Apollo Education Group? Contribute to the Community!