There are newer employer reviews for Apollo Education Group

Great for entry-level, but too much attention-grabbing and posturing by low level management.

Former Employee - Student Financial Services - Operation  in  Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Student Financial Services - Operation in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Apollo Education Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent pay, competitive benefits (particularly at entry and mid-level positions), tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Lack of communication between teams and between management and staff, limited room for growth within company, difficult to get in front door if not a prior employee. Strained relations between QA/Training/Processing staff make it difficult to ensure processes are followed across the board, and that all parties are on the same page. Production and quality assurance standards are also difficult to meet from month-to-month.

Spend less time harping on production and more time worrying about the quality of people's work and the compliance problems it causes when it's done incorrectly. Make sure the training staff is up to date and in the loop on process changes, so that they can train staff appropriately. Identify those individuals who require subject matter refreshers and ensure that they are getting them, and more importantly, if someone is consistently underpreforming, stop allowing those individuals to linger in a position where more qualified individuals may do far better in their place. Follow through with expectations, and ensure that staff are meeting them, but make sure they are given opportunities to learn from mistakes and improve upon them.

Also, to upper management, I highly suggest the following - start paying attention to the needs of your staff. A happy, well-trained, and eager workforce makes fewer mistakes, is more productive, and has a lot smaller turnover. It's far easier to retain an employee than to train a new one, and it's more productive to not have to train someone new to do their job.

295 Other Employee Reviews for Apollo Education Group (View Most Recent)

Those with Integrity Need Not Apply

Current Employee - Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Apollo Education Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A drivers license and a heartbeat will get you a job.
    You don't have to do much to keep your job.Just let your manager think they know it all.

Cons

A drivers license and a heartbeat will get yo a job.
    The culture in this organization is very poor. Executives are out of touch and afraid to speak to anyone, therefore they only speak through emails and video clips. It's really pathetic. They don't care at all about students or their employees. Everybody below the 10th floor likens the executives to a clan of bad used car salesmen. I have been looking to leave as many of my co workers. But somedays it is just easier to do nothing and get paid rather than look for another job.

A look in the mirror is long overdue.

Great place to hang out

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Apollo Education Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I work in the IT department, and have been here for almost 4 years. I have been compensated well, even with the downturn in the economy. I was able to get promoted within 2 years of working here, and I have worked for some great people.

Cons

Too many "reorgs"! Process, process, process! There seem to be so many processes that no work can get done in a decent amount of time. Also, even though this is a very large organization, there is still a "Mom n' Pop" mentality.

There are newer employer reviews for Apollo Education Group

Worked for Apollo Education Group? Contribute to the Community!