There are newer employer reviews for Apollo Education Group

Great company, reinventing themselves to stay on top/afloat

Current Employee - Human Resources Facilitator in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Human Resources Facilitator in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Apollo Education Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They care about employees
They care about students
All while having to care about both stock prices and long-term growth
They are now trying to become a products company, which doesn't fit into their original mission (both pro and con)

Cons

Over-regulated (being the biggest is hard)
Many parts of the company still operate like a small company
The stigma of UOP is hard to shake

Advice to Management

Don't make your departmens more devisive. Instead, figure out how EVERYONE can work together.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Apollo Tech, Apollo Innovation: Welcome to a Wold Class Web Analytics Department

Current Intern - Web Analytics Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Web Analytics Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Apollo Education Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working in the department of digital analytics and consumer insight I was privelaged to work with some of the best web analytics professionals in the world. My direct boss, provided plenty of direction and gave me tons of autonomy to get my work done and work on special scripting projects which I enjoyed. I also worked closely with the GA implementation manager, logical architecture consultants, the entire product analytics team, web marketing analysts, and developers. Working here has by far been the most rewarding yet challenging role I've ever been in.

Cons

Enterprise-wide re-orgs, consistent lay-offs, and ultra-bureaucratic IT department. This is typical of many large enterprises and also related to the current state of the economy and nature of the changing online education business.

Advice to Management

Please continue to hire more interns, but also make the hiring process more challenging. As you

2. Smart people, not empowered by management

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Apollo Education Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly Stable environment. Decent work-life balance. Decent Pay and Benefits. Lots of interesting technology. Nice common areas with snack and soda machines, refrigerators, microwaves, coffee. Healthy snacks often provided (apples, bananas, popcorn).

Cons

Lack of empowerment. Organizational changes on a regular basis. Technology professionals are treated as replaceable cogs in a machine. Many groups with often conflicting goals lead to many deadlocks in production. Spotty review process. Raises and promotions are often capped across departments.

Advice to Management

Truly empower your technology employees to deliver. Develop a culture where your employees feel valued for the contribution they make.