Meh.

Former Employee - IT Director
Former Employee - IT Director

I worked at Apollo Education Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Used to be a GREAT company to work for. Good pay, acceptable benefits - GREAT co-workers.

Cons

Now it is but a shadow of its former self.

Open your eyes and look at who you have in leadership positions and how thy interact with others. When you see good people jumping ship for no obvious reasons, you should look at the leadership team to see what is driving them away.

Other Reviews for Apollo Education Group

It is so bad, I can't think of a way to descrip it?

Current Employee - I/C Manager
    Current Employee - I/C Manager

I have been working at Apollo Education Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

None: They removed all pros for employees over the last two years. And I mean all!

Cons

Lack of leadership and business Strategy (Stock has falling from 74.03+ in 2009 to 18.19+ in 2013)
    No 401k match unless you commit 15% and then it is only a fraction of a percentage value.
    Management is made up of employees who are trying to protect their job; I actually have witnessed senior management informing employees that they will never succeed because another director does not like them.
    Senior management will directly try to fire or remove employees they do not like (I have actual evidence from past emails)
    Removed bonus; raises; performance gifts; employee recognition; and promotion platform
    Degrees from the University of Phoenix.... Lol (A Joke)

Look around

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Apollo Education Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They have a beautiful campus and buildings.

Cons

Your efforts to strive for achievement and success will be met with blocking of all efforts by others you need to interact with. The atmosphere there right now, with all the recent large scale layoffs, is one of self-preservation. Everyone seems to be protecting themselves and those they had close working relationships with for years with black balling anyone new that comes into their group and would cause change to their normal daily lives. I worked there three months in a contract to hire position. I left because I was receiving no cooperation to complete my job duties from others in the group. Common was for it to take three weeks for someone to forward me an email after repeatedly asking over that period of time.

If you have an advanced knowledge in IT and keep current with latest and best technologies and practices you will be a complete odd ball within the Accounting IT area of the company. You will also be seen as a serious thread by the others there because of that. They are stuck in processes of using Access databases and spreadsheets. Daily processing includes workers using manual (in-auditable) steps to complete their accounting processes and reports. That is a scary thing if you ask me.

Don't just say you are embracing change. Walk the walk. Take action and responsibility to enforce the cooperation of your reports to cooperate with what is needed to reach that business objective. To middle management, be professional and don't promote the boys club mentality.. Stop treating your workplace like it is a fraternity of pledges or members. Have some integrity.

There are newer employer reviews for Apollo Education Group.

Worked for Apollo Education Group? Contribute to the Community!