Apollo Education Group

There are newer employer reviews for Apollo Education Group

Meh.

Former Employee - IT Director
Former Employee - IT Director

I worked at Apollo Education Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Used to be a GREAT company to work for. Good pay, acceptable benefits - GREAT co-workers.

Cons

Now it is but a shadow of its former self.

Open your eyes and look at who you have in leadership positions and how thy interact with others. When you see good people jumping ship for no obvious reasons, you should look at the leadership team to see what is driving them away.

333 Other Employee Reviews for Apollo Education Group (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Apollo Education Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Agile development, Continually challenging technology and frameworks being implemented, the people are generally great to work with.
    This is overall a positive experience

Cons

Going through some right-sizing and product re-evaluation right now, making people Skittish.
    It has it's issues (but every place has it's issues)

Stabilize the outlook for the company's future - but I believe that is in motion.

Look around

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Apollo Education Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They have a beautiful campus and buildings.

Cons

Your efforts to strive for achievement and success will be met with blocking of all efforts by others you need to interact with. The atmosphere there right now, with all the recent large scale layoffs, is one of self-preservation. Everyone seems to be protecting themselves and those they had close working relationships with for years with black balling anyone new that comes into their group and would cause change to their normal daily lives. I worked there three months in a contract to hire position. I left because I was receiving no cooperation to complete my job duties from others in the group. Common was for it to take three weeks for someone to forward me an email after repeatedly asking over that period of time.

If you have an advanced knowledge in IT and keep current with latest and best technologies and practices you will be a complete odd ball within the Accounting IT area of the company. You will also be seen as a serious thread by the others there because of that. They are stuck in processes of using Access databases and spreadsheets. Daily processing includes workers using manual (in-auditable) steps to complete their accounting processes and reports. That is a scary thing if you ask me.

Don't just say you are embracing change. Walk the walk. Take action and responsibility to enforce the cooperation of your reports to cooperate with what is needed to reach that business objective. To middle management, be professional and don't promote the boys club mentality.. Stop treating your workplace like it is a fraternity of pledges or members. Have some integrity.

There are newer employer reviews for Apollo Education Group