Apollo Education Group

There are newer employer reviews for Apollo Education Group

Tough place to work

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Apollo Education Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Have some really bright individual contributors who are trying to do the right things to open access to education.

Cons

Strategy and leadership are ever changing which makes for a difficult environment when playing in an area of the economy that is undergoing such radical shifts. Accountability is an issue and management seems to be willing to make lots of bets but there doesn't appear to be a real drive for excellence. Hard to see this business returning to its glory years unless there are radical and immediate changes at the top and in strategy.

Choose a strategy, select leaders who are capable of executing on that strategy, and hold leaders accountable. Too many dreams and not enough reality. Figure out your value prop, resource it with the best and brightest, and cut all the rest.

337 Other Employee Reviews for Apollo Education Group (View Most Recent)

Local Solutions Architect

I have been working at Apollo Education Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing, expect free education only for UOP/Wester. If you want to study elsewhere they wont appreciate. Also company itself doesnt give any value for the degree from UOP.

Cons

Everything.
    Fresh grads are all product owners and business analysts. Engineers who are not good in coding/testing can become managers. And if you stayed for a while like 1+ yr and know little bit of the application you can be architect. Then its all bureaucracy/politics/networking(like eating/drinking together) which helps in getting promotions.
    Overall horrible place but you can relax and enjoy your days if you learn the insights.

Should consider at least reading UOP MBA materials to know what leadership or management means.

It is so bad, I can't think of a way to descrip it?

Current Employee - I/C Manager
    Current Employee - I/C Manager

I have been working at Apollo Education Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None: They removed all pros for employees over the last two years. And I mean all!

Cons

Lack of leadership and business Strategy (Stock has falling from 74.03+ in 2009 to 18.19+ in 2013)
    No 401k match unless you commit 15% and then it is only a fraction of a percentage value.
    Management is made up of employees who are trying to protect their job; I actually have witnessed senior management informing employees that they will never succeed because another director does not like them.
    Senior management will directly try to fire or remove employees they do not like (I have actual evidence from past emails)
    Removed bonus; raises; performance gifts; employee recognition; and promotion platform
    Degrees from the University of Phoenix.... Lol (A Joke)

There are newer employer reviews for Apollo Education Group