There are newer employer reviews for Apollo Hospitals

Great brand especially in the health care sector with absolutely incompetent central leadership.

I have been working at Apollo Hospitals

Pros

A couple of positives I see Great Brand Value Low expectations out of employees in terms of performance.

Cons

My comments are not really connected with the hospital business, but with their retail business. No processes, systems and business know-how. The targets are set, upgraded, downgraded, reset several times a year and completely depends on the whims and fancies of a couple of individuals. The central leadership team is absolutely incompetent - very self centered, egoistic, lack of business and functional awareness/knowledge. Employees are treated like commodities and there are no communication channels. Most of the central leadership team suffer from insecurity and are tech-phobic. In this era where emails are passe, one still needs to take the printout of mails and send it across to the central leadership. No on-boarding, mentoring and coaching programs for new employees. No leadership development programs. A HR dept which does the normal operational activities - like paying salary on time, recruiting front line staff at absolutely abysmal remuneration ranges, etc pretty well but fails miserably anything connected with strategy. The performance management system is a joke, no KRAs are set, no proper dialogue and discussion process - the rating and increment depends on the functional head.

Advice to Management

get a professional retail executive and give him the authority to make changes.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fairly Successful

Current Employee - General Manager - Human Resources in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - General Manager - Human Resources in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Apollo Hospitals

Pros

Its a super brand Brand in Healthcare domain in India & Asia as well It possess great technologies at par with best in world in modern healthcare, thus making its most preferred healthcare destination Best part is there is great scope for improvement w.r.t. HR functions, which actuallt keeps me constantly work for improvement of the same. This company has the potential to be the most preferred Healthcare organization to work for in this part of the world. If I have to say three great things of Apollo are, 1. Our Chairman - Truely Inspirational personalty - This great man started this phenomenal empire at the stage when most of such population plan for thier retired life. He chose the other way & look at the empire he has created today. Such personalities are refered as "YugaPurusha" - "Man of Century" 2. Our Doctor Freternity 3. Our Nightingales - Nurses

Cons

This Organization needs to focus on Best Practices of HR. Its always a challenge if there are multi locations through out the country to implement & practice common HR. I think it requires for the management to think on broad scale & focus on long term HR goals. There is scope for huge improvement in HR functions.

Advice to Management

Should View HR as business partner rather than just another function / department in the organization. Give more freedom to HR leaders, Unit Heads so that the company will witness more professionalism approach. Should have common yard sticks, practices across units before they are measured against each other. Organization relays now heavily on finance leaders to design the future of the company. I think it will be good to collective opinion across all functional heads.

2. Lead Mammography Technologist

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Apollo Hospitals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some really great co workers.

Cons

Poor working conditions, poor management, work overtime without pay, no management who will back you up, nothing to work forward toward to get a raise... And No raises.

Advice to Management

Help out you lead people, even if their Supervisors don't.