There are newer employer reviews for Apotex Pharmaceuticals

Good company.

Current Employee - Chemist
Current Employee - Chemist

I have been working at Apotex Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Stable. Easy work. Room for advancement.

Cons

Promotions are based on experience and not performance.

Give promotions based on performance and not experience.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Apotex Pharmaceuticals (View Most Recent)

a great place to work

Current Employee - Validation Coordinator
    Current Employee - Validation Coordinator

I have been working at Apotex Pharmaceuticals

Pros

great mix of cultures, good salary and benefits

Cons

hard to advance, high turnover

listen to your employees

Okay place to get experience, but always keep your options (outside of Apotex) open

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Etobicoke, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Apotex Pharmaceuticals

Pros

They are very diligent and thorough in training new hires and existing employees. You will definitely start your job well-equipped and trained to be more than competent. Lots of overtime is available and there is always something which needs to be done when things get slow.

Cons

If you make one mistake, be very aware that nobody is your ally. It is more than likely your last mistake. Your managers are no longer your advocate, and your co-workers will try to put the blame on you at every opportunity because of the stringent standards. Remuneration is definitely an issue, when you consider that floor production employees hold a great amount of responsibility for quality and documentation. It is not a job that any person plucked off from the street can perform at a competent and compliant level. Other colleagues in identical jobs elsewhere who work the floor with our kind of experience are making around 4-5/hr more than myself.

Increase the base pay for packaging and production floor employees. Give us a bigger slice of the incentive pay. Better benefits more in line with other regulated companies/industries is definitely something they should give us. I used to work in car rental and the benefits package is identical--for shame. End the rush-rush mentality and allow us techs on the floor to actually focus on properly documenting the hundreds of logs and forms so that we may do our jobs right the first time.

There are newer employer reviews for Apotex Pharmaceuticals

Worked for Apotex Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!