AppDynamics

There are newer employer reviews for AppDynamics

Great company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AppDynamics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great product, great people! Huge potential!

Cons

Sometimes too driven by sales opportunities

73 Other Employee Reviews for AppDynamics (View Most Recent)

Very fast paced organization - provides excellent tools / programs to execute activity

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

fast paced, change is constant - application works and the return on investment story is real... v

Cons

no cons at this time - what they told me during interview process was accurate

AppDynamics Response

Feb 14, 2013Sr. Director of Marketing

Thanks for the review! We're working hard on the ROI stories and we're pleased that so many customers are willing to give us hard dollar numbers when they're telling us about their experience with ... More

One Of The Best Career Decisions I Have Made Yet

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was looking for something new and exciting and I finally setteled with AppDynamics. They have filled those requirements and so much more. I was fairly new to the whole concept of APM before I was thrown into it and the excitement hasn't let up since day one. Even with a good run professionally with good teams, good projects, good pay, good people etc. AppDynamics has taken it all to another level. The company is loaded with smart, hard-working people and every piece of the company is dynamic and energetic. The cutlure is really fun and even in my not so long tenure have started to make not just good office relationships but even good friends there. (The external events such as paintball, dinners, happy hour, the zoo, etc don't hurt either.)

There is always something to learn, something to investigate, something to do. Its a great ride and I only see it staying that way.

Bottom line, this was a good career decision to come to AppDynamics and I am very happy to be there. I am learning a lot and also getting to be involved in many things in addition to my own job which keeps things interesting.

Cons

In full honestly, it was a bit overwhelming to start, but with the combination of being a new domain for myself and a slight change from my previous professional life this was probably due to my own lack of knowledge in the domain along with the growing pains of a start-up.

Sometimes the battles are long and even with that feeling of driving a problem to a successful conclusion, it can wear on you. This though would apply anywhere and isn't specific to AppDynamics.

Do not let explosive growth prevent new ideas and recommendations from staff from ever seeing the light of day. Embrace the strengths of staff, even if those strengths are out of their area within the company.

There are newer employer reviews for AppDynamics