There are newer employer reviews for AppDynamics

An employer that inspires employees

Current Employee - Marketing Manager, Northern Europe in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Marketing Manager, Northern Europe in London, England (UK)

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is rare to find a company who believes their mission statement and actively works towards it. They empower their employees, value the company culture AND has a great product to take to market. AppDynamics enables employees to be better than they thought they could be by encouraging team work, collaboration, personal development and integrity.

Cons

Young company so minor administration processes need to be confirmed, however, this also enables employees to have a greater say in how certain procedures would work best for them.

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep communicating. Don't loose the small company feeling.

62 Other Employee Reviews for AppDynamics (View Most Recent)

Incredible Opportunity to Really Contribute to the Growth of a World-Class Organization

I have been working at AppDynamics (less than an year)

Pros

1. We have grown significantly in terms of customer base and employee numbers since I've joined less than a year ago. There's no sign of slowing down.

2. We've established ourselves as "Leader" in Gartner's Magic Quadrant, right up there with our biggest competitors.

3. We have a product that can be used by every single type of entity out there. Talk about a stable commodity!

4. Everyone is incredibly talented, sharp, and hard working and want to accomplish much - the desire to achieve is highly infectious!

5. AppDynamics demands the best performance out of every team which results in constant innovation, improvement, and forward momentum.

6. Everyone is very nice and sociable and are very good at what they do.

7. Everyone seems to love to be working there and are happy to be there.

8. We have regular company social events which make it fun and we have occasional free meals and free massages! There's a ping pong table and people actually use it.

9. It is close to BART and close to South Park and AT&T Park.

10. And finally, we have our own mascot... what other startups in SF can say that?

Cons

There's no training - You have to figure a lot of things out for yourself at first.

There are no set hours (which is a good thing) but the hours can be long - but that's the nature of a startup! You just have to get the job done.

You have to be extremely organized and on top of everything to do well - if you're wanting a relaxed job where you clock in/clock out, this is absolutely not for you. Fast paced and action-intelligence oriented only.

You're doing so well running the ship - continue to be focused on your goals, continue to scale, and continue supporting the good work being done!

Exhilarating, fun, smart company

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hyper growth environment. Truly smart, dedicated, fun people: geeks in the best sense of the word. Typical Bay Area startup -- there's a ping-poing table along with a fully stocked kitchen and bar. There's a big focus on keeping the customer base happy.

Cons

Not really a "con", but: this is a fast-moving startup. If you're the kind of person who likes to have all the procedures and policies written down, this is not for you.

Try to keep hiring "A" players and keep the casual environment as we grow bigger.

There are newer employer reviews for AppDynamics