Senior Software Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AppDynamics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location (close to BART) Innovative Culture Decent salary

Cons

Young company with inexperience managers and recruiting. Some employees take pride in working off hours and on weekends (poor work-life balance).

Other Employee Reviews for AppDynamics

Challenging workplace with an emphasis on hyper growth

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Constantly being challenged All the tools needed to do your job are given to you VERY STRONG product Loyal Customers

Cons

fiefdom mentality with extremely narrow pool of talent being brought in, namely McAfee, BMC and ex-CA Wily protectionist stance with leadership, not advancement from within... Big company/corporate leadership team out of tune with challenges of small hyper-growth startup...

Advice to Management

Recruit outside of BMC, CA, McAfee....there is a lot of talent out there and neither one of these three are making hay in the software space lately (cloud?)

I thought I had an A game, but this company has helped me take it to a whole new level

Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Challenge: once you're past the gruesomely challenging interview process, you're now considered a part of the family. This company will throw you into the deep end and expect you to sink or swim. You're given the opportunity to actually show your true strengths without bureaucratic red-tape holding you back. There never has been a day where I felt I wasn't being challenged to my fullest potential. - IQ: the collective intelligence and experience of this company is nothing to take lightly. There is a powerhouse of industry experience, knowledge and IQ. - Culture: this company does care about the employees. Just recently HR held a leaderboard of ideas for employees to suggest the benefits they would like to see. Of the top five, 4 of them were adopted and rolled out within a month. Employee benefits are not lip-service for recruiters to attract new prospects; they actually do take care of their work force. - Food: best breakfasts and catered lunches. Bottomless supply of drinks, coffee, snacks and even meals for those days you want to grab a quick lunch at the office for yourself. - Office: you can sit and work, stand and work, walk and work on the tread-desks, or throw your legs up and lounge in any of the "lounges" that are placed throughout the office. - Massages: this speaks for itself - Highly competitive salaries, stock options. No 401k matching, but you cannot expect that from a pre-IPO company at this stage.

Cons

- Working in downtown SF means paying lots of $$ for rent. Luckily the salary helps with that. - No bonuses.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.