There are newer employer reviews for AppFolio

Went in with high hopes, felt lack of attention to employee development and career growth

I worked at AppFolio full-time

Pros

lots of autonomy and awesome co workers

Cons

they claim transparency but communicate very little to those looking for growth opportunities within the company

Advice to Management

don't lose focus of challenging employees at all levels of the company and ensuring they feel rewarded for their dedication and hard work

reviews filtered by

Inside Sales Manager

I have been working at AppFolio

Pros

Great culture, company values, and ability to have work/home balance. With previous sales experience Appfolio is unique to say the least. Before working here I was drawn towards the company values and feedback from their customers. As an employee I feel valued, been promoted twice, and feel they have truly invested in my career and development as a sales professional.

Cons

It is a long commute

A flourishing company with opportunity at every corner

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio

Pros

AppFolio is a fantastic place to start your career. The training is top-notch, the people are great, the product is amazing, and the management is appreciative. The company is wildly successful and is growing by leaps and bounds every quarter. Having joined AppFolio only 10 months ago, I'm pleased to have been promoted TWICE in that timeframe. Considering this is my first job out of college, I could not be happier with my decision to join this team.

The SDR role itself is a fantastic introduction into the fast paced sales of a tech company. The training you will receive will be superlative to the industry. You will not learn how to be a telemarketer; you will learn how to be a consultant, and a good one at that. Expect the same training that you'd receive at tech giant in Silicon Valley but with more personalized attention. Training is also ongoing as we meet multiple times a week to sharpen our sales acumen.

In terms of culture, AppFolio is full on fun, energetic people that give this company such a unique vibe. Expect lots of catered lunches, retail gift cards, ping pong tournaments, and enough AppFolio t-shirts to fill your entire wardrobe. There are a ton of dogs at the office, too.

So yea, it's a pretty sweet place to work.

Cons

AppFolio's startup era has long passed. The company has grown into it's corporate shoes and as a result, job responsibilities and protocols are very structured.

Advice to Management

The company needs more diversity. I highly encourage AppFolio to recruit from beyond the Santa Barbara community. Everyone went to either Westmont or UCSB.