AppFolio

www.appfolio.com
  www.appfolio.com
There are newer employer reviews for AppFolio

Great company, most difficult and underpaid department

Current Employee - Anonymous
Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at AppFolio

Pros

The best part about this company is the culture. Most people are intelligent, motivated, and fun to be around. It makes work more enjoyable. Additionally there are many skilled people within the company who know their stuff and are available to learn from. Fun atmosphere, free snacks, relaxed but focused work environment. Great place for people who are serious about getting work done, but like to have fun along the way.

Cons

Employees in customer success are under-compensated for the stress and effort the job requires. They put too much work on our plate, and expect long days with no added benefits for working overtime. When we speak with clients, most of them are upset they can't get a response quick enough because we are so over-encumbered with clients that we don't have enough time to respond to everybody promptly. Even if we work 10 hour days, clients must wait because it's too much work for too few people. This is (hopefully) a temporary thing, but the expectations for us are simply unrealistic at this point.

Continue to hire. Increase salaries and maybe the turn over rate will decrease.

41 Other Employee Reviews for AppFolio (View Most Recent)

Great company - Has it's cons thought

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

Great people, good benefits, free snacks, work out classes, occasional happy hours and fun work events.

Cons

The client base a CS manager will work with with will eventually wear you down as they can be very demanding and sometimes very rude. In the beginning you have a lot to look forward such as possible advancement into a different departments and your 6 month raise/ benefit acquisition. Lets get real though, no one wants to be in customer support as a career choice. You take the position in order to move up and grow your resume. So if the department your looking into doesn't need any extra people or they find someone more qualified you could find yourself stuck. You have the possibility to move up within the department but the pay is weak compared to any other position in the company. We have a top notch sales staff so it just keeps getting busier and you end up working more hours yet you keep getting paid the same regardless of effort or performance. It becomes very tough to stay positive and motivated.

Give the CS department something more to look forward to after 6 months such as additional raise possibilities or at least some sort of performance based bonus structure.

Sales Development Representative

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great training, great people, and great product. Benefits are standard, there's a lot to do outside of work and leadership has tons of experience. I will continue to use the skills I gained from working at this company for the rest of my career. Top of the line equipment and snacks always available. Foosball a plus.

Cons

Metrics mean everything and quantity/volume seems much more important than quality. Work is very repetitive. Hard to make it through the day without expressing some level of frustration (however it is sales).

There are newer employer reviews for AppFolio