AppFolio

www.appfolio.com
  www.appfolio.com
There are newer employer reviews for AppFolio

AppFolio- A wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is young and vibrant, with a fun work life balance. The headquarters in Santa Barbara has fun break room activities including ping pong, Foosball, and daily exercise classes. In addition AppFolio offers a fully stocked kitchen with food and beverages. This is a hard working environment and is focused on growing into a multi million dollar company, but where people work hard the also play hard.

Cons

There is not much room for advancement within the services, and the implementation sectors. Unless you are an Engineer your career growth goals may go unrecognized.

Provide opportunities for growth within the company so that your talented workforce can continue to grow with the company, and provide value to the organization for the long term. Also focus more on training, and development to build skills across departments.

41 Other Employee Reviews for AppFolio (View Most Recent)

Great company, most difficult and underpaid department

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at AppFolio

Pros

The best part about this company is the culture. Most people are intelligent, motivated, and fun to be around. It makes work more enjoyable. Additionally there are many skilled people within the company who know their stuff and are available to learn from. Fun atmosphere, free snacks, relaxed but focused work environment. Great place for people who are serious about getting work done, but like to have fun along the way.

Cons

Employees in customer success are under-compensated for the stress and effort the job requires. They put too much work on our plate, and expect long days with no added benefits for working overtime. When we speak with clients, most of them are upset they can't get a response quick enough because we are so over-encumbered with clients that we don't have enough time to respond to everybody promptly. Even if we work 10 hour days, clients must wait because it's too much work for too few people. This is (hopefully) a temporary thing, but the expectations for us are simply unrealistic at this point.

Continue to hire. Increase salaries and maybe the turn over rate will decrease.

Great company - Has it's cons thought

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

Great people, good benefits, free snacks, work out classes, occasional happy hours and fun work events.

Cons

The client base a CS manager will work with with will eventually wear you down as they can be very demanding and sometimes very rude. In the beginning you have a lot to look forward such as possible advancement into a different departments and your 6 month raise/ benefit acquisition. Lets get real though, no one wants to be in customer support as a career choice. You take the position in order to move up and grow your resume. So if the department your looking into doesn't need any extra people or they find someone more qualified you could find yourself stuck. You have the possibility to move up within the department but the pay is weak compared to any other position in the company. We have a top notch sales staff so it just keeps getting busier and you end up working more hours yet you keep getting paid the same regardless of effort or performance. It becomes very tough to stay positive and motivated.

Give the CS department something more to look forward to after 6 months such as additional raise possibilities or at least some sort of performance based bonus structure.

There are newer employer reviews for AppFolio