AppFolio

There are newer employer reviews for AppFolio

Awesome Place to Work!!

Current Employee - Implementation in Santa Barbara, CA
Current Employee - Implementation in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A fun and youthful culture. The company is growing quickly and offers a lot of room for employee growth. They promote from within the Company, which is awesome! Hard working, friendly and smart co-workers that continue to raise the bar and encourage me to push myself. A lot of opportunities to learn and develop skills. Hard work is noticed and rewarded. Can't say enough about how much I love working for this Company!

Cons

Busy days. The days fly by because there is always a lot to get done. Fast paced and exciting!

Keep it up!

41 Other Employee Reviews for AppFolio (View Most Recent)

AppFolio- A wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is young and vibrant, with a fun work life balance. The headquarters in Santa Barbara has fun break room activities including ping pong, Foosball, and daily exercise classes. In addition AppFolio offers a fully stocked kitchen with food and beverages. This is a hard working environment and is focused on growing into a multi million dollar company, but where people work hard the also play hard.

Cons

There is not much room for advancement within the services, and the implementation sectors. Unless you are an Engineer your career growth goals may go unrecognized.

Provide opportunities for growth within the company so that your talented workforce can continue to grow with the company, and provide value to the organization for the long term. Also focus more on training, and development to build skills across departments.

Great company, most difficult and underpaid department

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at AppFolio

Pros

The best part about this company is the culture. Most people are intelligent, motivated, and fun to be around. It makes work more enjoyable. Additionally there are many skilled people within the company who know their stuff and are available to learn from. Fun atmosphere, free snacks, relaxed but focused work environment. Great place for people who are serious about getting work done, but like to have fun along the way.

Cons

Employees in customer success are under-compensated for the stress and effort the job requires. They put too much work on our plate, and expect long days with no added benefits for working overtime. When we speak with clients, most of them are upset they can't get a response quick enough because we are so over-encumbered with clients that we don't have enough time to respond to everybody promptly. Even if we work 10 hour days, clients must wait because it's too much work for too few people. This is (hopefully) a temporary thing, but the expectations for us are simply unrealistic at this point.

Continue to hire. Increase salaries and maybe the turn over rate will decrease.

There are newer employer reviews for AppFolio